Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

chickensword wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:11 pm yeah
i try to look at interest and inflation
daily % change of different symbols
the volume / activity / interest
they are probably the only other thing in help identifying the direction

but random things/people still move the market

there relationshiops differ on the environmet inflqation or deflation

Yes, there are different approaches to understanding the market. For example, I am a pure techie. I don't know where I'm better at, economics or ballet, but the truth is, I'm absolutely clueless about neither. So I'll leave inflation, interest rates, news and other things for fundamentalists. It's their bread. For me applied mathematics is much closer.
And besides .... all these fundamental approaches are for institutional investors who turn millions baks and open their positions for several months. And we, with our pennies, need to trade every day, using the maximum number of price movements (what these "moneybags" call the "price noise"). We are at the very bottom of this food chain and therefore our business is to run more fast, and not sit in a position for months. Therefore, their methods don't suit for us...
These users thanked the author ImpLaNT for the post:
Chickenspicy

Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

OK, OK, I know I sound like a broken down record going on and on about the three months of trading ahead.
For me, I set myself a goal to trade the current two months consistently at a 30% daily target.
I use the whole three months and use the last month to cover for inconsistencies in the first two months.
This way I have some leeway with my intra-day daily trades.

That said, I do try and break my daily target (without being too greedy at the same time).

I still think that we have a large move ahead but I have hit my quota for today (decisions, decisions).

Also, my target for today was achieved in a ranging market (waiting for the breakout still).
Xard777

Just realized, it's Labor day in the states. NP, off to the pub.
Attachments
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world