Moving AveragesXXXX Trading System "Money For Nothing" (except blood, sweat, tears and persistence)

XXXX Trading System

This is my trading system I have put together with a lot from Xard's V20 files and some other sources with a lot of my own coded Indicators and EA's. Xard has generously provided me with his source code and quite a few of the files contain my modifications, hence why they have been renamed to avoid any confusion. Please don't waste your time asking for any source code.

My intention is to share how to trade the system including Psychology, there will only be minor tweaks to the trading system. I have been trading this system since February this year and I have found sticking with one system has been very beneficial to my trading.

I have spent a lot of time developing the EA's including one of which allows you to use the MT4 Strategy tester to manually place trades as if you were trading live. This should be a big help to anyone that is wanting to learn. The live trading EA "Whip It Trader VSL" makes it very easy to manage any number of trades on one chart and uses Virtual Stop Loss and Take Profit lines.

To install the system copy all the files in MQL4 and templates to the same folders in MT4. The fonts need to be installed via windows.

This is the latest version, unzip the file, copy both the MQL4 and Templates folder. Then in MT4 open the data folder and paste into the window that opens. This is an update of the EA with a new expiry date. I strongly recommend you read about how to use it before using it on a live account.
nil desperandum

Re: XXXX Trading System "Money For Nothing" (except blood, sweat, tears and persistence)

There are 2 Templates for live trading XXXX STD Candles which gives you normal candles that show if the close is higher or lower than the open. The other is XXXX Trend Candles which uses Xard's candles that change colour with the trend.

The Whip It VSL EA allows quick and easy trade opening and management. You need to enable live trading in the MT4 options menu and also in the EA common properties. If correct you will see the smiley face in the top right corner. The settings should be fine as they are to start off. Usable % of Total Margin is how much of your capital can be used before you start getting Margin Calls from your Broker. The percentage of margin per trade is how much of your usable margin is used for each trade you place. The default of 10% will give you 10 trades to use all available margin, 25% and will be 4 trades total. The Magic number is there so the EA will only work with its own trades, if set to 0 it will then be able to close any trade on the platform if asked to.

On the right side of the chart, you will see 10.0%, this is the percentage of margin that will be used for each trade as per above. You can edit the number or click the U or D buttons to increase or decrease if you wish.

QBuy & QSell Will instantly open a buy or sell at market, then on the chart will be an Aqua line for Take Profit and a Voilet line for the Stop Loss. These are placed using the SL & TP ATR Multiplier Setting in the EA, once on the chart you can drag them to where you want. These are virtual TP and SL lines and the EA needs to running on the Symbol chart for them to work. So you need to leave the EA running on the chart where you opened the trade. In addition to the Virtual stops the EA sends the normal SL & TP to the broker but 1 X ATR away from the VSL this is so that you have a backup in case of internet connection loss etc.

Once 1 trade is open any additional trades will have TP & SL placed in the same position as the VSL lines. So if you have multiple positions open on the one symbol you can drag the VSL line and all positions will have the same SL & TP.

The Close Button will close all trades on the symbol, Close All will close every trade that is open on your MT4 platform.

SBuy & SSell place OnStop or Limit orders, Click the button once and a yellow line will appear on the chart move it to where you would like the trade to open when price reaches that level. Click it again and a OnStop or Limit order will automatically be placed depending on if price is above or below the yellow line.

TSL Button will place a trailing stop behind the 36EMA Signal line, ATRSL does the same but uses the ATR_SL ATR Multiplier to set how many times ATR the stop is trailed behind the High if you long or Low if you are short. You can manually move the trailing stop lines, if it is in the direction of your trade the SL will stay there until the automatic setting moves past it and it will be moved by the EA accordingly.

TMA TP will follow the TMA line with the TP, this can be useful in slower or range bound markets, if price is trending it is better to manually set the TP based on the ADR etc.

On the left of the chart, you can switch timeframe, this will not affect the trailing stops etc as they are hard-wired to use 5-minute settings only.

On the lower right side there is 2 boxes with values, these can be turned off in the settings.
The are
B = Account Balance
E = Account Equity
F = Free Margin

Pos = how many positions (Trades) are open for the Symbol
BE is the count of trades for the break even line, I was using this while testing it will be removed in the next update
T is the broker time it will update as each tick comes through, so in quite times it may take a number of seconds to update.
NB is time of the last new bar, it will be removed as per above
SL is the time the SL was last moved, for TSL it will only move when a new bar opens, for the ATR SL it will change when new highs or lows occur. Although that depends on the ATR, if the ATR is increasing the SL may not be moved if the ATR is larger than the current SL distance.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 10):
Jimmy, Jedidiah, oskar656, Mundu19, Castle73, Ricstar_8, eduarescobar, Musashi, dienone, pitchief
nil desperandum

Re: XXXX Trading System "Money For Nothing" (except blood, sweat, tears and persistence)

The second EA I have written is for learning how to trade using the Strategy Tester, it only works in the tester and is not for live trading. If you open Strategy tester and use the settings as shown below using the Symbol and dates you want to use, the default spread is current but on weekends that can be very large, you can edit it to whatever spread is appropriate. Then click start, the tester will open the template I have provided for this EA in the test window.

You can buy or sell by clicking the buttons when you see the right setup and close at anytime you wish, when a trade is open you can add more and move the TP and SL as you want.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 8):
Mickey Abi, Jedidiah, oskar656, Mundu19, solarian, Toad Fish, StuartWong, Musashi
nil desperandum

Tom Hougaard's Psychology videos etc has been a huge help for me and virtually all it is free, the only thing I have paid for is his latest book "Best Loser Wins".

Some of his teachings include why most traders lose money due to letting losers run and exiting winning trades too soon. It's all about what is least painful for us, anyway you can watch the video to learn more.

These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 9):
BeatlemaniaSA, Mickey Abi, pfxi, Skyold, Jedidiah, oskar656, Knight, StuartWong, Musashi
nil desperandum

FourXXXX wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:18 pm Tom Hougaard's Psychology videos etc has been a huge help for me and virtually all it is free, the only thing I have paid for is his latest book "Best Loser Wins".

Some of his teachings include why most traders lose money due to letting losers run and exiting winning trades too soon. It's all about what is least painful for us, anyway you can watch the video to learn more.

Agreed. I'd say his psychology is on point about trading, and it's been helping me develop higher tolerance as a trader.

Say, would you mind sharing his latest book to the community please?
These users thanked the author mystylez007 for the post:
Musashi

Something that jumped out at me one day recently is what happens at the session opens. The chat below is the DAX and the vertical lines from my indicator included above shows the opens as marked. More often than not there is a reversal on the open bar or one bar either side, main exception to this is in a strong trend.

Once you have seen it you can't unsee it, see what the direction is off the open and get on the bus. It may not go far or it may go a long way either way I find it is profitable.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 3):
oskar656, Mundu19, Musashi
nil desperandum

FourXXXX, It's great for you to open your own trade .. .. I have try to use your system a couple of times but I often encounter the issue of the centered bands colors getting delayed before appearing then it moves back to capture the candle it earlier did not signify a signal for.. ..

Hopefully you will show how you take your trades and we will all win with the system..

Regards

Mickey Abi wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:55 pm FourXXXX, It's great for you to open your own trade .. .. I have try to use your system a couple of times but I often encounter the issue of the centered bands colors getting delayed before appearing then it moves back to capture the candle it earlier did not signify a signal for.. ..

Hopefully you will show how you take your trades and we will all win with the system..

Regards
That is the idea I figure if I share what is working for me we will all benefit. There is one thing I know for sure will cause failure and that is to give up or jump from system to system everytime you get stopped out. In Tom Hougaards book "Best Loser Wins" the title is all about it does not matter if you have losses, just cut your losses short and get in on the next signal. This does not mean you go off opening trades without good reason, you need a system that works and you need to trade it.

The TMA Bands recalculate, that can't be changed. When a trading session opens the bands quite often are grey and the market takes off due to the open. So at the session open ignore the colour of the bands. Look at my post above about trading the session open. The rest of the time just look at what the colour is at that time, what it does 30 minutes or an hour later does not matter, you are trading in the here and now. I will post more about using the TMA bands in the near future.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 5):
Mickey Abi, Skyold, oskar656, Mundu19, Musashi
nil desperandum