Re: Pumba´s - Swing Trading System

josi wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:25 pm Title: The power of Japanese candlestick charts : advanced filtering techniques for trading stocks, futures and Forex
Author(s): Fred K. H. Tam
Publisher: Wiley
Year: 2015
Best one I know on the topic!
Dear Josi,

Thanks for sharing this book on Japanese Candlestick Charts. I have read Steve Nison, Gregory Morris but Fred K H Tam is a real eye opener on how to apply the candles patterns with indicators, confirmation rules on entry and exit in trading the market.

Sincerely,

Stuart
These users thanked the author StuartWong for the post (total 2):
Chickenspicy, josi

Re: Pumba´s - Swing Trading System

Chickenspicy wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:01 am Please do elaborate
I find confusing
I mostly use it on H4 to determine the trend and if my entry on lower TF like M15 is valid. Everything has to be in place. Candle color, wick color, QQE lines to be in their place (in uptrend blue line to have crossed over pink and be above it in a downtrend the opposite) Arrows to be there. I don't trade reversals so when the big Arrow changes color, I have to wait for a new pullback entry to confirm the trend is now changed. If during the new pullback the big arrow repaints and disappears leaving the old arrow to be dominant, then the old trend is still valid. For M15 template I use XU-39 and Giangy's template which is a modified version of FourXXXXs template and Xards template that has 3 super trend bars (can be found on FourXXXX's thread). Wait for pullback on M15 then enter on all confirmations.

Atleast that's how I use it. It's not perfect and sometimes I'll miss a few good entries here and there but it keeps me safe from a lot of bad entries.
These users thanked the author Coolcrow for the post:
Chickenspicy