Re: Range and Renko Indicators for MT4

Ogee wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:10 pm New MathTrader7 Renko Chart Creator update for 2021.

Rail to Rail and No-Gap charts plus new additional alerts.

I have a stupid question; I'm sorry.

I am having trouble setting up renko charts (first time!). Is there a good place for a basic guide for this indicator? I have searched the web.

I have taken the EA you provided and put it into my Experts folders. I have loaded it onto a chart and it will display SOME bricks.

My problem is that the there are not very many bricks. Not much history.

I have tried loading the chart in different timeframes, different symbols, downloading entire history for the symbol. No luck.

Can you please advise? Or direct me to a good guide? Sorry for the trouble, but thank you for any help you can provide.

P.S.
Happy New Year =)

Chintzki wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:47 pm I have a stupid question; I'm sorry.

I am having trouble setting up renko charts (first time!). Is there a good place for a basic guide for this indicator? I have searched the web.

I have taken the EA you provided and put it into my Experts folders. I have loaded it onto a chart and it will display SOME bricks.

My problem is that the there are not very many bricks. Not much history.

I have tried loading the chart in different timeframes, different symbols, downloading entire history for the symbol. No luck.

Can you please advise? Or direct me to a good guide? Sorry for the trouble, but thank you for any help you can provide.

P.S.
Happy New Year =)
Hi, you should only ever load a Renko chart builder onto a 1 minute chart to get the most precise tick data and from there the Mathstrader7 should open an M3 chart automatically.

There will be a malfunction if you already have a M3 offline chart allocated for that asset according to File > Open offline charts (top pic). If so then choose a different un-used M number eg 2, 4, 6 ... (2nd pic)

I've never had a problem with the history though never tried to go back more than a few days. In Tools > Options I only have 5000 for both max bars in history and in charts.

Have another go, if still having problems post and we can try again.

Ogee wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:10 pm Hi, you should only ever load a Renko chart builder onto a 1 minute chart to get the most precise tick data and from there the Mathstrader7 should open an M3 chart automatically.

There will be a malfunction if you already have a M3 offline chart allocated for that asset according to File > Open offline charts (top pic). If so then choose a different un-used M number eg 2, 4, 6 ... (2nd pic)

I've never had a problem with the history though never tried to go back more than a few days. In Tools > Options I only have 5000 for both max bars in history and in charts.

Have another go, if still having problems post and we can try again.

Thanks for your reply.

It took me quite a bit more troubleshooting to figure out the problem.

For some reason my client is having trouble downloading historical data automatically. I had to delete my history folder and start from scratch, and manually redownload the history. Even then, my client is not properly downloading data and I have had to "trick" it into going further back in time.

I don't yet know what's causing the history to not download, I will have to continue to troubleshoot. But for now, I have figured out how to get the renko to display properly.

---

For anybody else having trouble, here is a tip which I found on another website which helped force my MT4 to download additional historical data:

Just FYI as someone who use to do what you describe here I know the pain you are experiencing trying to download historical data.

There is a better/easier way to get the data from the server from your broker and that is:

Step 1: Open an M1 chart
Step 2: Go to History Center (press F2)
Step 3: Navigate to the currency pair and the "1 Minute (M1)" history data for the chart you have open in your terminal (be sure to "double click" the "1 Minute (M1)" selection in history center so it actually becomes the active selection)
Step 4: Then left click once on any of the data rows in the right hand window of the History Center (it doesn't matter which one)
Step 5: Click the "Edit" button, this pops up another window titled "Bar" and the default selection is on the "year"
Step 6: Push the down arrow on your keyboard until the year reads something silly like 1970
Step 7: Then select "OK"...this doesn't actually edit the data you selected but rather it creates a new bar with the timestamp and price info you just edited...don't worry about this as you will delete this fake bar in the end
Step 8: Now select "Close" in the History Center
Step 9: Navigate to your M1 chart of interest and then from the terminal menu select "Charts -> Refresh"...this will refresh the chart and attempts to fill any time gaps in the chart data (which now includes your year 1970 data point) with server data
Step 9 continued...Now your chart will have pulled anywhere from 2048 to 65536 M1 bars from your broker's server (not Metaquotes server) and is usually far more data than you can get the broker to cough up when you try and manually scroll your M1 chart back in time
Step 10: Go back to History Center (press F2) and navigate to your currency pair and its M1 data
Step 11: scroll down the data to the bottom of the list, your will see your 1970 candle there, click it once and then click the "Delete" button in the History Center window

Now you have really quickly downloaded all the broker's M1 data on your currency pair that the broker is going to let you have, much faster than holding down the home or pg-up key for minutes and minutes to download even less data. It works with charts of other timeframes as well.

DownloadRe: Range and Renko Indicators for MT4

Friends Can Anyone Tell This Renko Repaints or Recalculate After Close Of the Bar ??
These users thanked the author TRADERSM for the post:
Papybillou
If you are not willing to take risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.
Don't wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great. Weak men wait for opportunities; strong men make them

TRADERSM wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:12 pm Friends Can Anyone Tell This Renko Repaints or Recalculate After Close Of the Bar ??
anyone help on this please
If you are not willing to take risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.
Don't wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great. Weak men wait for opportunities; strong men make them

naluvs01 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:29 am Hi Mr Tools and Coders respectively,

Does anyone have a Renko Alert indicator that alerts when 2 consecutive candles appear in either direction? I would be eternally grateful!

Thanks in advance for any help!
Don't know of any specific indicators but many can be tuned to do that by lag eg stochastic 10 3 2.

These users thanked the author Ogee for the post:
naluvs01