Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

Alphonse91 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:41 am Hello Mr. Tools, I don't know where to ask this question, so I apologize first if I'm asking this in the wrong thread.
This is a little bit silly, but my question is if in the indicator we select the price option, let's say, 'heiken ashi (better formula) close',
what does it mean and what does it do to the indicator? Does the indicator behave like we put it on the heiken ashi candle and not the Japanese stick candle?

Thank you, Mr. Tools, sorry for my silly question.
It's just how the price is calculated if for example you are using heiken ashi (better formula) close the code for determining that close is

Code: Select all

if (_prHABF(tprice))
                  if (high[i]!=low[i])
                        haClose = (open[i]+close[i])/2.0+(((close[i]-open[i])/(high[i]-low[i]))*MathAbs((close[i]-open[i])/2.0));
                  else  haClose = (open[i]+close[i])/2.0; 
for regular close it's just

Code: Select all

close[i]
Hope that helps.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
Alphonse91

kenshin281180# wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:44 pm Hello @MrTools I'm sorry to bother you with this. I was wondering if you might be able to add a toggle button to this indicator so that I can turn it off and on. I use it with support and resistance to get a good entry with minimum draw down. I'm not an expert yet on it though so I use this to help. This tool marks the 123 or abc pattern on smaller candles. So if you know where banks like to trade from it helps in my opinion. I know it kind of clutters the view a little thus the request for the button. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this.

Iam trying too, but have bug in button, switched on-off, when changing timeframe...
Same for x_my_high_low_v2.01.mq4
These users thanked the author kvak for the post:
kenshin281180#

Expect dear Mr Tool to give it an upgrade, plus 41 averages and MTFs and buttons.

Gratitude
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.