Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

icman wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:49 pm Can someone please explain why this setup did not work?
I waited for the second spike dot and RSI was below.

Thank you
Bro, trading is a probability. Not every setup works, it's just the way it goes. It gets all of us which is why money management is so important.

Keep practicing and it will work out over time. The system does work, but you need practice.
These users thanked the author Castle73 for the post (total 3):
Jedidiah, samxtrader, FiveS

Castle73 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:30 am Bro, trading is a probability. Not every setup works, it's just the way it goes. It gets all of us which is why money management is so important.

Keep practicing and it will work out over time. The system does work, but you need practice.
I did not ask about how trading works.
I did not ask about probabilities.
I just asked about that specific setup. I asked if there was something wrong with my entry.
I you don't have anything good to say, don't speak at all.

icman wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:49 pm Can someone please explain why this setup did not work?

Thank you
I think the problem is you are too much focused on indicators and forgot to watch price action. Xard will tell you the same story: wait for the move and enter on the retrace there are a lot of variations but concept is the same also here. Your short entry is a retrace down in an upmove; previous move was clearly UP. Conclusion: there is no reason to sell here; for a short wait when price is clearly going down-wait for a solid entry hope this helps best M.
These users thanked the author Meyney for the post (total 3):
Jon, Skyold, Jedidiah

icman wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:21 am I did not ask about how trading works.
I just asked about that specific setup. I asked if there was something wrong with my entry.
He tried giving you a good answer to your question, but it's seems you are Rude.
A man's Past is his Pride, But my Pride is Shaping the Future.

Thank you
I don't want to answer this, because I have seen you are a Rude human being, and I believe Xard won't want to answer it because he has given us everything along with the system. Have you tried Reading the market structure he placed inside the indicator? Well, the setup is not that all wrong, it's just a retracement, which if u are patient, it MIGHT reverse back to continue with the trend, though it might come with a drawdown. Try read the ebook l, understand it, then read it several times.
A man's Past is his Pride, But my Pride is Shaping the Future.

Meyney wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:37 am I think the problem is you are too much focused on indicators and forgot to watch price action. Xard will tell you the same story: wait for the move and enter on the retrace there are a lot of variations but concept is the same also here. Your short entry is a retrace down in an upmove; previous move was clearly UP. Conclusion: there is no reason to sell here; for a short wait when price is clearly going down-wait for a solid entry hope this helps best M.
Solid advice here, Thanks Meyney

My 2 cents, trying to be specific. In relation to what xard has shown your setup is incomplete.
Which is the higher timeframe you are using along with the 1m timeframe, and what was the situation there at the time you took the trade?
If it was the 5m timeframe, round 09:00 to 09:25, the rsi was above 50 and there was no pink candle and also the fast MA was above the slow MA, so why would you take a short?

And your response below was not the most appropriate in my opinion. Please try to be a little more appreciative of the people trying to help you.
icman wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:21 am I did not ask about how trading works.
Attachments

Meyney wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:37 am I think the problem is you are too much focused on indicators and forgot to watch price action. Xard will tell you the same story: wait for the move and enter on the retrace there are a lot of variations but concept is the same also here. Your short entry is a retrace down in an upmove; previous move was clearly UP. Conclusion: there is no reason to sell here; for a short wait when price is clearly going down-wait for a solid entry hope this helps best M.
like XARD said, analysis using multi time frame, then you will see more clearly
These users thanked the author tokjanggut for the post:
Mustafa