Re: RSI Indicators for MT4

kvak wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:46 am Hello, I have this....maybe you find it useful.
Simply cross of 2 averages and filtered with RSI.
Lot of options....MTF, alerts, arrows...
@kvak
Great Indi, thank you !
I've noticed some strange arrow placements and the neutral color changes a little late. Can you look into it?

Before chart refresh ( blue arrows and neutral color are strange):

After chart refresh (everything looks normal):
Here are my settings:

unimatrix wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:17 am @kvak
Great Indi, thank you !
I've noticed some strange arrow placements and the neutral color changes a little late. Can you look into it?
Yes, you're right, thanks for watching ... I found the bug....It's weird how one "!" changes the whole logic :)
Sorry for that....
Redownload indicator in original post....
Attachments

Relative Strength Quality Index

From Mladen Rakic:

RSX (Relative Strength Quality Index) that does not use "pure" price for calculation but uses adaptive lookback average filtered price for calculation

Of price filtering for rsx :

The advantage of using the filtered (smoothed) price is that some of the false signals are filtered out at the source itself (by averaging the price) and it the is omitted (the false signal) in the RSX calculation too. Also, since the average is adaptive it implicitly makes the RSX adaptive too

ALB averages that can be used :

• simple moving average
  • exponential moving average
  • smoothed moving average
  • linear weighted moving average

Usage :

Some experimenting with parameters is advised, but the usage of this RSX is the usual : either use the slope or some significant levels crossing for signals

I just translated to mt4, hopefully close to his version.

LikeRe: RSI Indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:10 pm RSX (Relative Strength Quality Index) that does not use "pure" price for calculation but uses adaptive lookback average filtered price for calculation
Mrtools, thank you for translating this useful standalone indicator for us (and thank you to Mladen for this code).

Being an RSX, it's really nice to see Jurik already incorporated into this one. And from observations, this one is used for trends when the indicator sits at:

• Strong bullish market: 100
  • Strong bearish market: 0

I think this one has potential! :)
Attachments
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 5):
BeatlemaniaSA, talaate, Jedidiah, Chickenspicy, Akela
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Jimmy wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:07 pm Mrtools, thank you for translating this useful standalone indicator for us (and thank you to Mladen for this code).

I think this one has potential! :)
Absolutely! I will be testing it with XU-Hybrid 4.0 this week :)
These users thanked the author BeatlemaniaSA for the post (total 3):
Mickey Abi, Jimmy, kvak
BEATS V5 - "Enjoy The Quiet Between Trades”

Improve Your Trading Psychology - NO FEAR, NO DOUBT

mrtools wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:10 pm Relative Strength Quality Index

From Mladen Rakic:

RSX (Relative Strength Quality Index) that does not use "pure" price for calculation but uses adaptive lookback average filtered price for calculation

The advantage of using the filtered (smoothed) price is that some of the false signals are filtered out at the source itself (by averaging the price) and it the is omitted (the false signal) in the RSX calculation too. Also, since the average is adaptive it implicitly makes the RSX adaptive too

• simple moving average

Usage :

Some experimenting with parameters is advised, but the usage of this RSX is the usual : either use the slope or some significant levels crossing for signals

Love it!
This one is a must have!

These users thanked the author FXSurf for the post (total 6):
Mickey Abi, Jimmy, BeatlemaniaSA, TransparentTrader, RodrigoRT7, Chickenspicy

mrtools wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:10 pm Relative Strength Quality Index

From Mladen Rakic:

• simple moving average

Usage :

Hi Mr Tools,
This certainly looks promising - any chance you could make it MTF please?
Cheers,
Jim