Re: Trading Pullbacks System

Meyney wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:28 am I do not predict i have learned my lessons. I wait for them to make the move=impulse and if I can find a nice entry=retrace I will join as said many times before on this thread. All fundamentals and psych. are processed in the charts. If you want to try to trade fundamentals/news perhaps it will work on the highest timeframes; jpy chf. My experience is all these news events on forexfactory etc. are there to move price from impulse / chop to impulse with a 'reason' otherwise retail traders will quit anyway. Without news no moves....but impossible to predict. My humble opinion.
ok thats fair , i just want you to know how powerful an economic outlook can be confirming your technicals, reassuring your trades
you will make a lot more money that way

one news event can have a impact for monthssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
0 + 0 = 0
Infinite / Infinite = 1
1 way to Heaven & it matters

chickensword wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:31 am ok thats fair , i just want you to know how powerful an economic outlook can be confirming your technicals, reassuring your trades
you will make a lot more money that way

one news event can have a impact for monthssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Sure no problem let me know if it worked=if you made pips. Good luck!
These users thanked the author Meyney for the post:
Chickenspicy

Moving AveragesRe: Trading Pullbacks System

Anyone trading USD pairs should keep this in mind too. Most of all the Manufacturing Index of -12 is huge, especially in the light of the fact that roughly 70% of the GDP comes from the Service Industry anyway. The manufacturing sector thus is extremely weak. But that's the one that actually produces value. And jobless claims should not be on the rise in summer. Of course it is all the fault of China.
Besides this, also keep in mind that India does mega trade deals in Rupees and China does the same in Yuan. The Saudis sent Biden home empty handed. Thus oversupply of Feds printed money will start showing.
And inflation is growing fast.
Any interest rise will be pure cosmetics and the effect short lived. You have seen what the Euro did.

This by no means a prediction, just food for thought.

These users thanked the author RplusT for the post:
Chickenspicy

RplusT wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:05 pm.

your right probably the pair will go sideways

the sentiment(peoples views) can override what’s currently happening

probably wont try to shoot far then, americas on thin ice

tanks together lol one straight line to the bottom bois
probably should trade gold then reap value of something that just exists on a shelf
These users thanked the author Chickenspicy for the post:
RplusT
0 + 0 = 0
Infinite / Infinite = 1

Trade what the chart is telling you=follow the impulses, do not try to predict / be smart with news events, many times news will slap you in the face in the opposite direction. Be careful trust on your own charts=price action. I think most do not understand my previous suggestion/setup long EU on1H with the SD zone. It is just there because often price moves this way=decent setup, if price is going lower, no problem we will find later a decent/proper short entry. All these news events on FF redflags etc. are there to confuse/excuse for the move (and often adjusted after the fact). And how often price will move after a unannounced news event? Go back to your charts and notice these big moves will happen at / after keypoints sd zones chop
These users thanked the author Meyney for the post (total 2):
Jon, Chickenspicy

Meyney wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:09 am Trade what the chart is telling you=follow the impulses, do not try to predict / be smart with news events, many times news will slap you in the face in the opposite direction. Be careful trust on your own charts=price action. I think most do not understand my previous suggestion/setup long EU on1H with the SD zone. It is just there because often price moves this way=decent setup, if price is going lower, no problem we will find later a decent/proper short entry. All these news events on FF redflags etc. are there to confuse/excuse for the move (and often adjusted after the fact). And how often price will move after a unannounced news event? Go back to your charts and notice these big moves will happen at / after keypoints sd zones chop
you are right to follow impulses that people are making, now that i think about its probaly faster

the reason why news doesnt always line up is because of sentiment how people are actually doing , like america has a good interest rate, but have you seen the bond yield curve? we are due a recession big time, its just having all the right details in my opinion
0 + 0 = 0
Infinite / Infinite = 1

Adding to what I mentioned above, there's something important that went pretty silent in the news:

Russia joined forces with China to create a new reserve currency. This new currency will be based on rare earth minerals like gold, silver, uranium and more. This is a massive challenge to the US dollar dominance which isn't based on gold or anything. Both countries have been buying this stuff heavily for many years while the US lives off debts or printed money from the Fed if you want to put it this way.
The irony: The US is largely dependent on Uranium from Russia.
These users thanked the author RplusT for the post:
Chickenspicy

About news: it depends which timeframe you trade. If you trade 1M and or 5M you will keep quiet during news or you just enter trades, sometimes you will be lucky and sometimes you will loose. If trading Daily chart perhaps fundamentals are useful, however I think the news is already printed on your chart. Understand during news spread will widen like crazy so your stoploss will be taken (if there) easily, just as positions over the weekend/Holidays. About red flags on FF; not very reliable, often important news is graded downwards. Question: if you backtest strategies; did you also include news events? I guess you did not. Another example: remember this CHF disaster years ago (2015), many brokers had to close down it was a massacre. Believe it or not during this news event I had positions on CHF it was pure luck I survived (hedged). On Forexfactory this news event was labeled before as unimportant, later/after the fact it was changed as a red flag. I do not use FF as news anymore...best M.
These users thanked the author Meyney for the post (total 2):
Chickenspicy, RplusT

RplusT wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:00 pm Adding to what I mentioned above, there's something important that went pretty silent in the news:

Russia joined forces with China to create a new reserve currency. This new currency will be based on rare earth minerals like gold, silver, uranium and more. This is a massive challenge to the US dollar dominance which isn't based on gold or anything. Both countries have been buying this stuff heavily for many years while the US lives off debts or printed money from the Fed if you want to put it this way.
The irony: The US is largely dependent on Uranium from Russia.
we still got crypto :Shifty:
and us is actually dependant on gold not sure to what degree

neverthaless your right but russia is pfffff 1 us dollar equals 50 of theirs

china would be my only concern they plotting to take down everyone
0 + 0 = 0
Infinite / Infinite = 1