Re: Honje's collection of indicators, strategies and trading journals

PumbaPLS wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:36 pm Indices are comprised of many different stocks/companies.

US30 -> comprised of 30
SP500 -> comprised of 500
etc.

So generally you find.. when most Stocks go up the indices are also going up.
As all those indices are somewhat entangled with each other due to the comprised stocks, so you see them move often in tandem.
They can at times move differently though, as for example the NAS (US100) has more Tech Stocks included.

When trading indices you often want to use more than 1 indice to confirm a direction.

Example:

Lets say US 30 is going up, but NAS is going down.
You should then better wait till both US30 and NAS agree with each other to one direction before trading.

Beatle is using 8 indices... which I personally think to be overkill. As previously said very often those indices move very similar.

For most Traders I would suggest using 3 indices for their trading. This is usually more than enough.

The indices I would recommend are the "3 Amigos"

US100 - US30 - US500 As they generally have the most traded Volume and are rather volatile.
I personally Included DE40 in my list.

I hope this helps.

I include my trading setup for reference how I am scalping indices every day.
Hi PumbaPLS,
Would you share the template and the indicators? It looks pretty nice for the eye. Thanks.

These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post (total 2):
RodrigoRT7, Banzai
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

dah wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:59 am I came across an interesting Ichimoku indicator from Prorealcode.

Description from the author:

There's a lot more to that prorealcode version but I was wondering if there's a simple version "Kumo Line" that only measures distance between Span A and Span B clouds with a setting for a look back period.

By simply looking at the "Kumo Line" we can determine if the volatility is there for a breakout.

Thanks
These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post:
moey_dw
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

Jimmy wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:13 pm This is really good. Different results can be seen when changing the Bands from ATR to either Custom Standard Deviation.

Without getting too technical, how can we use ATR Bands Vs Custom Standard Deviation Bands?

• Use the ATR bands for predicting possible reversal areas and candlestick exhaustion
  • Use the Custom Standard Deviation for entering breakouts and forecasting Volatility whenever the bands "PINCH"

ATR Bands

Custom Standard Deviation Bands

Thank you Mrtools and Ganesh for the idea :)
Jimmy

Banzai wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 1:23 pm Donchian Channel
Double Breakout
Trading System

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules:
H1 Step OMA is the trend. Do not use M30 trend. It gives some false signals.
1. Try not to go LONG at ADR 100%. That's the maximum Average Daily Range for the day.
2. Try not to go LONG at yesterday High 100%. That's yesterday high.
3. Try not to SHORT at ADR 0%. That's the minimum Average Daily Range for the day.
4. Try not to SHORT at yesterday Low 0%. That's yesterday low.

These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post (total 3):
Chickenspicy, Banzai, RodrigoRT7

I am going to buy some very popular indicators in the MQL4 market.
Hope they are useful. .

I'm just curious. why so many people buy it <3
Chickenspicy

honje19960321 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:54 am I am going to buy some very popular indicators in the MQL4 market.
Hope they are useful. .

I'm just curious. why so many people buy it <3
careful i bought alot that were mediocre, look for the absolute best not just decent they will disappoint

those two are the best ive seen yet
Attachments
These users thanked the author Chickenspicy for the post:
Jedidiah
0 + 0 = 0
Infinite / Infinite = 1
1 way to Heaven & it matters

chickensword wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:01 am careful i bought alot that were mediocre, look for the absolute best not just decent they will disappoint

those two are the best ive seen yet

I think there are more high-rated metrics. The reliability is relatively high. I am now interested in advanced currency strength 28
Attachments
Chickenspicy

chickensword wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:38 am here is another, but only if you know what your doing with it
If I remember correctly, this has something to do with Gann Theory. Have you tried all these indicators?
Chickenspicy