Cumulative Volume Experiment

Cumulative Volume Experiment

I thought I’d post this here in case anyone hasn’t experimented with it, it seems quite interesting. I had to change the colouring as the standard colours didn’t make any sense to me. I couldn't tell you if I’m reading it correctly, but how I read it is:

• Blue line = general market volume increasing or decreasing
  • Red line = bearish pressure increasing or decreasing
  • Green line = bullish pressure increasing or decreasing

If the blue and green go up it’s a buy. If blue and red go up it’s a sell. If all go down it’s a dead/sideways market or time to exit.

I’ve highlighted some possible entries on the diagram below:

I’ve aslo been experimenting with layering this with cumulative volume (with MA) for extra filtering and confirmation. Just playing around if anyone else wants to explore it:

These users thanked the author Beastie for the post (total 7):
Jimmy, moey_dw, Milad8732, Jedidiah, BeatlemaniaSA, ChuChu Rocket, arobin

Re: Cumulative Volume Experiment

Beastie wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:09 pm I thought I’d post this here in case anyone hasn’t experimented with it, it seems quite interesting. I had to change the colouring as the standard colours didn’t make any sense to me. I couldn't tell you if I’m reading it correctly, but how I read it is:

If the blue and green go up it’s a buy. If blue and red go up it’s a sell. If all go down it’s a dead/sideways market or time to exit.

I’ve aslo been experimenting with layering this with cumulative volume (with MA) for extra filtering and confirmation. Just playing around if anyone else wants to explore it:

That's looking great!

Maybe our coders could combine those 2 indicators and add arrows based on the explanation?
These users thanked the author PumbaPLS for the post (total 4):
Jedidiah, BeatlemaniaSA, ChuChu Rocket, Beastie
You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew

LikeRe: Cumulative Volume Experiment

Beastie wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:09 pm I thought I’d post this here in case anyone hasn’t experimented with it, it seems quite interesting. I had to change the colouring as the standard colours didn’t make any sense to me. I couldn't tell you if I’m reading it correctly, but how I read it is:

Cumulative Volume Experimental Template (Beastie) MT4

This is neat and it's an interesting concept, thank you for taking the time to post it up my friend.

I'll attach this template for others who would like to try the idea out, too. I'm still having a play around with it, but it's really nice to see a unique idea like this. Have I got the settings right in the template according to the colors?
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 5):
Milad8732, Jedidiah, ChuChu Rocket, Beastie, RodrigoRT7
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Beastie wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:09 pm
THIS LOOKS GOOD!!
These users thanked the author moey_dw for the post:
Beastie
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

QuestionRe: Cumulative Volume Experiment

Beastie wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:09 pm Cumulative Volume Experiment

I thought I’d post this here in case anyone hasn’t experimented with it, it seems quite interesting. I had to change the colouring as the standard colours didn’t make any sense to me. I couldn't tell you if I’m reading it correctly, but how I read it is:

Very interesting!! So entries are based on Slope and not crossing?
These users thanked the author Msquared for the post:
Beastie

Beastie wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:09 pm Cumulative Volume Experiment

Here are the button versions.
These users thanked the author Banzai for the post (total 6):
Jedidiah, Jimmy, 太虚一毫, Beastie, arobin, Bbq Ribs

Jimmy wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:30 pm Cumulative Volume Experimental Template (Beastie) MT4

This is neat and it's an interesting concept, thank you for taking the time to post it up my friend.

I'll attach this template for others who would like to try the idea out, too. I'm still having a play around with it, but it's really nice to see a unique idea like this. Have I got the settings right in the template according to the colors?
Hi Jimmy,

That's pretty much it. For the version I posted I used the standard settings on both indis with a 20 period LWMA on the cumulative volume and I changed the colours on the azzx as below:

So if the azzx prints a buy (which in my colour scheme would be: blue turning up, green up, red under or down) but the cumulative volume bar is below the LWMA, it cancels out the trade, and vice versa. It'll keep you out of some good trades, but can also keep you out of many bad ones. Like all indis, it will still get you in some shit trades as well. Like I say, I've only just started messing with the idea so I don't claim it to be good, just thought you guys might like to experiement and see if it could prove useful in your own approach. I'm humbled by the response, and curious to see any interesting settings folks might come up with.

Msquared wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:10 pm Very interesting!! So entries are based on Slope and not crossing?
Hi Msquared,

That's correct. In the colour scheme I've used, which seems more obvious to me than the defaults (unless I'm reading it completely wrong), the red and green lines can cross all they want but if the blue line isn't angling up, it's inconsequential.

Again, I'm only early testing the concept and settings so I'm not wedded to the idea, just playing. See what you can come up with!
These users thanked the author Beastie for the post:
Msquared

Re: Volume Indicators for MT4

[quote=alpha24 post_id=1295480291 time=1655229550 user_id=4865439]
can some one make a indicator which shows current candle volume in chart window as shown in below image?
please help

>>
Check this indicator out, A gold nugget in my arsenal.
I currently use it in my system and it displays the volume per candle.
Very good for reading pullback volumes.
I'm not sure what the slimmer candles represent, when I came across this indicator it had no explanation or details attached.
These users thanked the author ParallelNative for the post (total 2):
Banzai, costarico