Re: Fix: MT4 keeps closing or crashing after loading

Reverent wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:45 am Nothing worked. I performed the instructions stated above but none worked. Did anyone get a reliable solution from any source please share. I'm freaking fed up...
you might need to open your meta editor to locate an indicator that could be causing this issue ive had several indicators do this to my terminal
or rescan for servers could be another thing if your broker doesnt load
0 + 0 = 0
Infinite / Infinite = 1
1 way to Heaven & it matters

chickensword wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:21 am you might need to open your meta editor to locate an indicator that could be causing this issue ive had several indicators do this to my terminal
or rescan for servers could be another thing if your broker doesnt load
Thanks for the reply, bruh. I don't know how to work with meta editor, but I can try the second option...
These users thanked the author Reverent for the post:
Chickenspicy

Reverent wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:37 am Thanks for the reply, bruh. I don't know how to work with meta editor, but I can try the second option...
If deleting the community file didn't work - instead of 'config' go to MQL5 > Indicators and delete the indy suspect causing the problem.

(reminder that to see the AppData folder you need to check Hidden items in the 'View' section.)
Attachments
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post:
Chickenspicy

Ogee wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:37 am If deleting the community file didn't work - instead of 'config' go to MQL5 > Indicators and delete the indy suspect causing the problem.

(reminder that to see the AppData folder you need to check Hidden items in the 'View' section.)

Thanks for the reply. I got to where you instructed. So what should i do from there please?
Attachments
These users thanked the author Reverent for the post:
Chickenspicy

Reverent wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:46 am Thanks for the reply. I got to where you instructed. So what should i do from there please?
ok, the instant shutdown is almost always caused by a bad indicator or EA bot that you just loaded onto a chart, and so as mt4 reloads the chart with the indicator on a conflict causes the shutdown. From the indicator folder (or the EA folder) delete or undo the last function done just before it shutdown the first time.

If not an indicator then save the Indicator and EA folder contents as you may need to reinstall mt4 from scratch.
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post:
Chickenspicy

Ogee wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:32 pm ok, the instant shutdown is almost always caused by a bad indicator or EA bot that you just loaded onto a chart, and so as mt4 reloads the chart with the indicator on a conflict causes the shutdown. From the indicator folder (or the EA folder) delete or undo the last function done just before it shutdown the first time.

If not an indicator then save the Indicator and EA folder contents as you may need to reinstall mt4 from scratch.
Oh probably I didn't state it clearly from the beginning. My MT4 platform doesn't shut down. They hang/freeze for a long time when I connect to the internet but when I switch off the internet connection it works fast like it used to. I have the charts installed on my laptop and they all perform the same way when connected to the internet. Please I need all the help I can get.