Re: Stochastic indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:42 am Added all the prices and ma methods, on/off button, and optimized the code.
Thanks a lot Mrtools for upgrading the IFT Stochastic indicator.

I always liked this indicator's old school settings which were good for finding and scalping trend momentum on the 4H chart.

The following settings file below for the original settings I used from years ago:

• Stochastic Period: 89
  • Stochastic Slowing: 3
  • Price Filtering method: EMA
  • Ma Period: 9
  • Ma Method: LWMA

Even though the Stochastic Period is high, it's not as laggy as you think. Try it out.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 7):
太虚一毫, josi, moey_dw, Jedidiah, thomdel, Milad8732, Chickenspicy
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Banzai wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:05 am Relative Vigor Index (RVI)
from investopedia:
What Is the Relative Vigor Index?
The Relative Vigor Index (RVI) is a momentum indicator used in technical analysis that measures the strength of a trend by comparing a security's closing price to its trading range while smoothing the results using a simple moving average (SMA).

The RVI's usefulness is based on the observed tendency for prices to close higher than they open during uptrends, and to close lower than they open in downtrends.
These users thanked the author Banzai for the post (total 6):
Chickenspicy, 太虚一毫, Jedidiah, Jimmy, QSD, Thangarasu

pathenry wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:40 am HI Mr Tools,I would like to ask if you could make a Stochastic indicator that is MTF and will give alert and vertical lines when stoch crosses up thru selected level (example 20, 40 or 50 level) and same for down (example 80, 60 or 50)
The attached indicator appears to only show arrows at 50 level
Thank you for any help

Patrick
Think this would be close to a stochastic oma only difference is the filter, and it doesn't have the arrows and such.

ps) sorry thought you had said stochastic oma like, not sure how i got that in me brain.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
Chickenspicy

4NDR45 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:39 am Sharing this version of the Color Stochastic indicator with my template here to anyone who reads, researches and likes to keep things simple. There are many versions of this indicator all around, but this one is special. I find it useful when determining the 4H reversals and trend changes. I usually trade on smaller timeframes only in the directions given by this indicator.
It can redraw the arrow of course, until the last 4H candle is open and it needs confirmation on smaller timeframes for exact entries, but it gives a good general idea about the direction of the market and where the early trend breaking points are.
After some experimenting, found these settings to be useful for me although it could be better if it would have at least a third level (mid line, 50)in the middle of the zone.
The best would be a version with 2 zones and a 50 line.
I would probably zone the extremes, when entering and exiting levels 10 and 90, then standard stochastic zones at 30 and 70 and there would be the level 50 to alert when crossing the middle line.

Could someone please upgrade this beauty so that it at least gives an arrow and alert when it crosses the 50 line (cross over = up arrow, cross under = down arrow reasonably) and another zone, so that there would be 5 crossing lines for the alerts all together. It would be much more precise that way.

It would also improve if someone could code in all the arrow options, like arrow size, arrow gap and change arrow symbol code.

Is there anybody here who could spice up this stochastic indicator without much hassle?
I would love to improve this indicator myself with the features mentioned, unfortunately i do not know any MQL4 coding :(
I started studying Pinescript but I gave up Tradingview altogether because of the bug they have with charting MTF indicators. It is just messed up and with all the options offered, Tradingview simply still can't chart MTF indicators the way MT4 does.
4H Stochastic trend.tplColor Stochastic MTF Zones.mq4
This is a newer version i have just added the 50 cross alerts and arrows, think it might be pretty close.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 4):
kvak, 4NDR45, Chickenspicy, Milad8732

LikeRe: Stochastic indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:21 am This is a newer version i have just added the 50 cross alerts and arrows, think it might be pretty close.
Thank you mrtools, I have tried it immediately.

Wow, this version is much more advanced, this is almost exactly what I have imagined to improve my trading.
It has almost all the features, except the double zone... but I see it is not so easy to code it, because it can be a mess...
The extra 50 line seems to work, but the other arrows of the zone lines got permuted and messed up a bit.

What I am noticing is that when the stoch crosses down, out of the lower zone it gives an up arrow (should give a down arrow), and on the opposite side, when the stoch crosses up the upper zone, it gives a down arrow (should give an up arrow).
Also, when the stoch crosses down the upper zone, it does not draw any arrow.
These users thanked the author 4NDR45 for the post:
Chickenspicy

4NDR45 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:43 am Thank you mrtools, I have tried it immediately.

Wow, this version is much more advanced, this is almost exactly what I have imagined to improve my trading.
It has almost all the features, except the double zone... but I see it is not so easy to code it, because it can be a mess...
The extra 50 line seems to work, but the other arrows of the zone lines got permuted and messed up a bit.

What I am noticing is that when the stoch crosses down, out of the lower zone it gives an up arrow (should give a down arrow), and on the opposite side, when the stoch crosses up the upper zone, it gives a down arrow (should give an up arrow).
Also, when the stoch crosses down the upper zone, it does not draw any arrow.

Hopefully this is closer to what you are looking for. Have no idea about what you mean when you say double zone.

ps) to those who downloaded the earlier version, the alerts were also messed up, so would advise to use this version, I apologize for any inconvenience.

ps2) if arrows on newest = true you will get more of a real mtf arrow.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 3):
Chickenspicy, 4NDR45, navid110

mrtools wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:05 pm Hopefully this is closer to what you are looking for. Have no idea about what you mean when you say double zone.

ps) to those who downloaded the earlier version, the alerts were also messed up, so would advise to use this version, I apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you very much mrtools. The arrows are showing perfectly now.
By "double zone" I meant to have two more levels, so that instead of 3 there are 5 crossing levels: 10, 30, 50, 70 and 90, but it is already excellent this way.

It is an extra good thing that both arrows are visible when two levels are crossed :)
Both times it was a sudden and intensive price move.
Attachments

mrtools wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:05 pm Hopefully this is closer to what you are looking for. Have no idea about what you mean when you say double zone.

Yes, I know.
If the arrow on newest is true, then it will drop a NRP arrow because then it draws it on candle close of the higher timeframe.
I have checked the last 6 reversals and 5 out of 6 were winners, only one was a very small loss compared to the winners
But I am not using it this way, for actual entries. I am using it for sensing small reversals and trends, with arrows on newest bar = false.
These users thanked the author 4NDR45 for the post (total 2):
KAESER444, sal