Re: Trading Pullbacks System

Meyney wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:03 am Fine with me, the MA's I use filter quite nice the move/trendlines, not perfect but in general not bad. As I can see this / your template uses 5m and 1H indicator. Of course it depends in which market we are trading. If I am right we wait for the 1H line and 5M to move to short in this case, not sure where the pullback is but perhaps you can explain. Marked the entries short with black box.
Oh, no, I'd never place a a short trade when the move has gone that far. Trades on this chart are to be taken off the SSL (or Gann Hi/lo if you want) and the Main Indicator M5. That's where the "Pullbacks" are. No trades in-between the "holes" either i,e, direction changes unless confirmed. As I use the M1 chart, the H1 is for orientation and I don't mind to trade against it (off the M5 Indicator) if there is plenty of space between the M5 and the H1.

Something like this.....to get the idea. Have highlighted the Hi's and Lo's with a Semafor.

These users thanked the author RplusT for the post:
PumbaPLS

Meyney wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:37 am Just normal MT4 MACD standard setting versus bears/bulls etc. Slight nuances but almost the same right (even macd seems to do better) ; indicators use price.
Thanks for making that comparison. I haven't used the Indicator at all. Just thought, what's the point of showing it here without posting the source code. So I did that.
These users thanked the author RplusT for the post (total 2):
Chickenspicy, Meyney

RplusT wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:07 pm Another way of trading Pullbacks (there are many) and in the end it is all the same......
Not to disturb the system of this thread I have posted it here.......

viewtopic.php?p=1295481922#p1295481922
I think this is indeed a nice version/ variation of trading the pullbacks and I agree in the end it is 'all the same' Thanks for posting.
These users thanked the author Meyney for the post:
RplusT