Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

Banzai wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:30 am Kaufman - price filtered
(on/off button)

ahtf = automatic higher time frame

Someone already made the mtf, arrows, and added some more prices + button.
It looks like he added in another timeframe to compare and align if they're in the same trend.

In the attached picture, if M15 and H4 timeframe are aligned in the same trend, it will be colored.
Otherwise, if they're not in the same trend, the color will be grayed out.

Code: Select all

enum enPrices
{
   pr_close,      // Close
   pr_open,       // Open
   pr_high,       // High
   pr_low,        // Low
   pr_median,     // Median
   pr_typical,    // Typical
   pr_weighted,   // Weighted
   pr_average,    // Average (high+low+open+close)/4
   pr_medianb,    // Average median body (open+close)/2
   pr_tbiased,    // Trend biased price
   pr_highlow,    // High/low
   pr_tbiased2,   // Trend biased (extreme) price
   pr_haclose,    // Heiken ashi close
   pr_haopen ,    // Heiken ashi open
   pr_hahigh,     // Heiken ashi high
   pr_halow,      // Heiken ashi low
   pr_hamedian,   // Heiken ashi median
   pr_hatypical,  // Heiken ashi typical
   pr_haweighted, // Heiken ashi weighted
   pr_haaverage,  // Heiken ashi average
   pr_hamedianb,  // Heiken ashi median body
   pr_hatbiased,  // Heiken ashi trend biased price
   pr_hatbiased2, // Heiken ashi trend biased (extreme) price
   pr_hahighlow   // Heiken ashi high/low
};

This button format is great!

Excellent indicator! Consider adding smoothed. :thumbup:
Can make candles , histo versions.

Infinite merit!
These users thanked the author 太虚一毫 for the post:
josi

mntiwana wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:45 am Multiple dema nmc

Multiple dema - from 1 to 25 dema values from one indicator - usual prices,number of dema lines,width,style,colors and increment options.

Great Mtiwana, can arrow be added to this indicator, that is, when two groups of averages cross out the arrow or long line reverse out the arrow, if it can be realized, it will be very ideal feeling, thank you

mrtools wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:39 am
Good day, Mr. Tools.
I think there's a bug in how you coded the button function of the latest averages version which is version 9.51 and 9.6 (I don't know if there's version 9.52 though). If you put some or many of the same averages indy, the button can only be clicked once, then some indies are turned off, but some didn't get turned off, and then you have to change TF to make the indy reappears. Sometimes, when you delete the indy, the button isn't deleted. The averages version 9.41 worked fine, but it just doesn't have the option to put the location of the button, though versions 9.51 and above have a better calculation for the Keltner band. The same issues also appear in the latest WAE version with the button, one other issue with the WAE indy is when you change the window where to put the button, if you change the TF, the button then goes to the default setting. I hope you can fix the button for the latest averages and WAE indy.

Thank you Mr. Tools.

Alphonse91 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:28 am Good day, Mr. Tools.
I think there's a bug in how you coded the button function of the latest averages version which is version 9.51 and 9.6 (I don't know if there's version 9.52 though). If you put some or many of the same averages indy, the button can only be clicked once, then some indies are turned off, but some didn't get turned off, and then you have to change TF to make the indy reappears. Sometimes, when you delete the indy, the button isn't deleted. The averages version 9.41 worked fine, but it just doesn't have the option to put the location of the button, though versions 9.51 and above have a better calculation for the Keltner band. The same issues also appear in the latest WAE version with the button, one other issue with the WAE indy is when you change the window where to put the button, if you change the TF, the button then goes to the default setting. I hope you can fix the button for the latest averages and WAE indy.

Thank you Mr. Tools.
For every version of the averages and WAE placed on a chart the button ID that needs to be different, otherwise you will have those problems, also if using more than one average make sure the auto period is off, otherwise you will only get the period designated for that timeframe. Just tested both with different button ID's and not having those problems.
Attachments
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
Alphonse91

mrtools wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:17 am For every version of the averages and WAE placed on a chart the button ID that needs to be different, otherwise you will have those problems, also if using more than one average make sure the auto period is off, otherwise you will only get the period designated for that timeframe. Just tested both with different button ID's and not having those problems.
Thank you Mr. Tools for your quick reply.
I just tested it and I can get creative and position the WAE indicators buttons perfectly and it seems it works just fine. Unfortunately with the averages, I'm trying to make my own ribbon with the averages. The situation is I can place up to 8 averages indicators in my chart. If I have to change every button ID, then there will be too many buttons on the charts and I have to click the buttons one by one just to turn off the averages. In version 9.41, you can put 8 averages that make a ribbon in one button and 2 averages that make the golden cross in one button, the downside with version 9.41 is the buttons lack the option to put the button on the right upper corner of the chart and the 9.51 and above version have better code and calculation. I've used the indi for a few weeks, so I know to turn off the auto period features. It's just that the thing that can be done in version 9.41 can't be done in the newer version, so I thought it was a bug. My apology Mr. tools.

太虚一毫 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:32 pm This button format is great!

Excellent indicator! Consider adding smoothed. :thumbup:
Can make candles , histo versions.

Infinite merit!
Working on it, here is candle version....continue tomorrow....
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 10):
太虚一毫, thomdel, Milad8732, Jimmy, Jedidiah, josi, Borshchov A.N., Devvasu525, RodrigoRT7, pipsquirrel