Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

FourXXXX wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:32 pm Here is a basic EA that works in MT4 Strategy Tester that allows you to backtest in an environment close to live trading.

Just save your normal trading template (minus any EA, Dash, Clock & Borders) as "Tester". Copy the EA attached into your Experts folder and restart MT4. Open Strategy tester, select the EA, Symbol etc and change Expert properties to suit your Symbol, the example in the image works for HK50. WIth Visual ticked click start and use the Buy, Sell and Close Buttons as required. It is best to set quite wide stops as you can't change them once a trade is open and the SL is trailing.

Where can I download your latest system / template ? I'm so confused..

FourXXXX wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:32 pm Here is a basic EA that works in MT4 Strategy Tester that allows you to backtest in an environment close to live trading.
It works perfect.
many thanks
These users thanked the author Skyold for the post (total 3):
Chickenspicy, XXXX, Musashi
We create order out of chaos - we trade that order, but sometimes that chaos is out of order, so we WAIT!!! for the order to return - and we trade again. XARD777

Remuli wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:51 pm That is, you are not using version V2?
viewtopic.php?p=1295477120#p1295477120
Sorry, yes it is V2 with the addition of a 200MA, Fractal Resistance and more. The EA I am using is not included that is a work in progress, you can use Xards EA instead which is included.

I have stuck with this system and it is really working well for me. Some people complain that the TMA bands repaint (It doesn't repaint it recalculates) what is important is what it is doing at the time you are taking a trade. Time after time after time I see price stall at the edge of the TMA, take profit and wait for another dot and enter again, you can make more pips than just holding. However, this does not mean taking profit at the bad edge every time especially after a market opens, if the price breaks through the TMA let it run and take profit at one of the ADR levels. Once the price is outside the band by a reasonable amount take profit before it retraces back into the band. Also, watch the yellow 200MA price may retrace off of it once but on subsequent attempts it can breakthrough.

Hope you make a million PIP$.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 8):
Remuli, Skyold, oskar656, Castle73, jmonts, Jedidiah, kimhyunmin, StuartWong
nil desperandum

xard777 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:54 am OK, This has absolutely nothing to do with trading.

That said, you need to watch this video, the guy's engineering skills are off the charts.
Most folk would take one look at this engine and pass on it, not this guy, he is on another level.
My hat is off to him, really wonderful stuff.

I'm a newbie here. I 'm reading a lot here and it seems in my point of view that you're that kind of guy . I feel the same passion/ motivation/ imagination but in trading. More than a thousand of page for this thread... A system constantly in build.... It sounds amazing.
For now, I've to read a lot and understand the "monter" you've create...
Thanks.

Bab ;)
These users thanked the author BabLeBaobab for the post:
SijjiN

FourXXXX wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:38 pm Sorry, yes it is V2 with the addition of a 200MA, Fractal Resistance and more. The EA I am using is not included that is a work in progress, you can use Xards EA instead which is included.

I have stuck with this system and it is really working well for me. Some people complain that the TMA bands repaint (It doesn't repaint it recalculates) what is important is what it is doing at the time you are taking a trade. Time after time after time I see price stall at the edge of the TMA, take profit and wait for another dot and enter again, you can make more pips than just holding. However, this does not mean taking profit at the bad edge every time especially after a market opens, if the price breaks through the TMA let it run and take profit at one of the ADR levels. Once the price is outside the band by a reasonable amount take profit before it retraces back into the band. Also, watch the yellow 200MA price may retrace off of it once but on subsequent attempts it can breakthrough.

Hope you make a million PIP$.
Please add Fibo 11.8or10.0
Attachments
These users thanked the author sam888 for the post (total 2):
ahmednegm, Jedidiah