Re: XU-Hybrid Trading System 3.3

maroka wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:56 pm Thanks for sharing.. I love the MACD settings.. looks great on M5
havent seen a single trade that the MACD filtered though...
I suggest if you like the MACD to exchange it with another entry/confirmation entry currently on the template...

thats just my opinion though!
These users thanked the author PumbaPLS for the post:
BeatlemaniaSA
You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew

Re: BeatlemaniaSA's XU-Hybrid Trading System

Mickey Abi wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:38 pm
The two entries you have circled are fighting against the MA and would be considered counter trend trades. Taking buys only when price is above the ma and sells only when price is below the ma will tend to give bigger moves.

Using the same indictors to get out of your trades that were used to get in will limit the losses. In the limited time using v3.2, the "losses" are extremely small/break even and are subsequently devoured by the wins.

Don't chase it, let the market come to you by waiting for the price and indicators to align on the correct side of the ma.
These users thanked the author DaveTrader for the post (total 2):
BeatlemaniaSA, Jedidiah

DaveTrader wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:58 pm The two entries you have circled are fighting against the MA and would be considered counter trend trades. Taking buys only when price is above the ma and sells only when price is below the ma will tend to give bigger moves.

Using the same indictors to get out of your trades that were used to get in will limit the losses. In the limited time using v3.2, the "losses" are extremely small/break even and are subsequently devoured by the wins.

Don't chase it, let the market come to you by waiting for the price and indicators to align on the correct side of the ma.
Absolutely correct! DO NOT counter trend UNLESS you are experienced and know what you are doing. Even then best NOT to. As XARD has said on so many occasions BUY if it's ABOVE the ma and SELL if it's below the ma you use to see the general trend. He uses a 200EMA. In the XU-Hybrid it's set to 100 but you can set it to whatever you want. Take a bit of meat off the bone every time and it soon ALL adds up ;)

Also DO NOT simply take every trade when a signal appears. View it in the context of the whole structure of the market. That is, general trend, ADR for the day or week, time of day etc.

Be mindful and smart :)

Regards,
BeatlemaniaSA
These users thanked the author BeatlemaniaSA for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, DaveTrader
BEATS V5 - "Enjoy The Quiet Between Trades”

Improve Your Trading Psychology - NO FEAR, NO DOUBT

kenshin281180# wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:16 am Hey Beatle what do you think about a mtf setting for the macd indicator. I think it would be beneficial as I tend to like those tools that show the higher tf. I've attached the indicator if others are curious. This is the original non mtf macd tool that honjie shared with the group a few pages back.
Good idea. If you feel it would be beneficial let's put a request in to @mrtools, @kvak or @banzai to add MTF to the indicator. Then let's test it and provide feedback to the members if it works or not. :). Don't forget though that MTF indicators would recalculate until the higher TF's candle or candles have closed.

Regards,
BeatlemaniaSA
These users thanked the author BeatlemaniaSA for the post (total 4):
thomdel, Jedidiah, Chickenspicy, kenshin281180#
BEATS V5 - "Enjoy The Quiet Between Trades”

Improve Your Trading Psychology - NO FEAR, NO DOUBT