MagnifyWhy do people still use MT4 instead of MT5?

Isn't the function of MT5 more complete than that of MT4?
The timeline is also more detailed than MT4

I want to know what everyone thinks
Attachments
These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post:
Chickenspicy
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

Re: Why do people still use MT4 instead of MT5?

honje19960321 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:18 pm Isn't the function of MT5 more complete than that of MT4?
The timeline is also more detailed than MT4

I want to know what everyone thinks
Metaquotes is a victim of it's own success. The MT4 following is so huge with a massive number of coders, users and indicators dedicated to MT4 means that Metaquotes simply can't just pull the plug on it. MT5 just sits there waiting still after nearly 10 years.
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, Chickenspicy

Ogee wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:46 pm Metaquotes is a victim of it's own success. The MT4 following is so huge with a massive number of coders, users and indicators dedicated to MT4 means that Metaquotes simply can't just pull the plug on it. MT5 just sits there waiting still after nearly 10 years.
It looks like MT5 may never go mainstream.
tradingview can replace it :mistake:
These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post:
Chickenspicy
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

honje19960321 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:29 pm It looks like MT5 may never go mainstream.
tradingview can replace it :mistake:
The problem for MT5 is that though there are auto code converters (mt4 > mt5) the coders here will tell you that they don't usually work and that each EA/indicator code has to be re-written from scratch.

Presumably given time the number of EAs/indactors available for MT5 will be enough for most people.

Tradingview has it's own problems not least that to get full functionality and broker hook up you need to pay a monthly subscription (though sometimes the broker will pay).
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, Chickenspicy

IdeaRe: Why do people still use MT4 instead of MT5?

honje19960321 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:18 pm Isn't the function of MT5 more complete than that of MT4?
bro........... i still favour mt4 because it's lightweight & i know it like the back of my hand

i'm happy with mt4 and dont wanna use any other mt5 if i dont need too plus there is just so many scripts & codes for mt4 & some of those i really need which mt5 still doesn't have yet!!!

to me mt5 only has real volume & nice shaded color filling on indicators.......... but who cares
TICK volume & REAL volume are always very close

even though mladen guy has been making effort to release lots of mt5 stuffs now on mql5 site i just like the feel of mt4 & this is how many of us feel
Attachments
These users thanked the author moey_dw for the post (total 5):
andrei-1, Jimmy, Jedidiah, Chickenspicy, FAIZANXG
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

moey_dw wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:27 pm bro........... i still favour mt4 because it's lightweight & i know it like the back of my hand

i'm happy with mt4 and dont wanna use any other mt5 if i dont need too plus there is just so many scripts & codes for mt4 & some of those i really need which mt5 still doesn't have yet!!!

to me mt5 only has real volume & nice shaded color filling on indicators.......... but who cares
TICK volume & REAL volume are always very close

even though mladen guy has been making effort to release lots of mt5 stuffs now on mql5 site i just like the feel of mt4 & this is how many of us feel
In this case, Metaquotes should introspect. MT4 needs more new versions and new content. For example there are more time charts
These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post (total 4):
moey_dw, Chickenspicy, pail1217, ChuChu Rocket