Re: Indicators with ON/OFF buttons

kvak wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:59 am Yes, I think in some cases is possible repainting because it is fractal based....
Thanks kvak.

I had a quick look at the code. The following line in specific

Code: Select all

bool   found     = true;
         double compareTo = iMA(NULL,0,1,0,MODE_SMA,PriceHigh,i);
         for (k=1; k<=half && (i+k)<Bars; k++)
            {
               if ((i+k)<Bars && iMA(NULL,0,1,0,MODE_SMA,PriceHigh,i+k)> compareTo) { found=false; break; }
               if ((i-k)>=0   && iMA(NULL,0,1,0,MODE_SMA,PriceHigh,i-k)>=compareTo) { found=false; break; }
            }
         if (found) upper[i] = High[i];
         else       upper[i] = upper[i+1];
The second line inside the for loop - I don't think it executes on the current candle due to i-k being zero. But it does execute on history bars. That line is looking at MA value of the bars after the current bar.

Am I right that this might result in different indicator values during backtesting on historical bars?

kvak wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:08 am Make a new version, when I try, arrows are visible after download template.
Same ability like onchart version....viewtopic.php?p=1295453218#p1295453218

Hello mrtools / kvak teacher!

Fractal channel breakout histo has several versions.

Looking forward to the teacher referring to bulls -vs- bears jma + rsi histogram (btn) to add RSI filtering to Fractal channel breakout histo .

(Fractal - channel breakout histo+zone+BT version would be more interesting to add RSI filtering.)

Infinite merit!
These users thanked the author 太虚一毫 for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, traderduke

太虚一毫 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:15 pm pr_habtbiased2 is interesting. :thumbup:

Expect the teacher to add the full price to this set of Sentiment zone oscillator indicators.

Infinite merit!
Hello...added all price option...
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 6):
Chickenspicy, 太虚一毫, Krunal Gajjar, Jimmy, Milad8732, Ricstar_8

xpf2003 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:07 am Thanks kvak.

I had a quick look at the code. The following line in specific

Code: Select all

bool   found     = true;
         double compareTo = iMA(NULL,0,1,0,MODE_SMA,PriceHigh,i);
         for (k=1; k<=half && (i+k)<Bars; k++)
            {
               if ((i+k)<Bars && iMA(NULL,0,1,0,MODE_SMA,PriceHigh,i+k)> compareTo) { found=false; break; }
               if ((i-k)>=0   && iMA(NULL,0,1,0,MODE_SMA,PriceHigh,i-k)>=compareTo) { found=false; break; }
            }
         if (found) upper[i] = High[i];
         else       upper[i] = upper[i+1];
The second line inside the for loop - I don't think it executes on the current candle due to i-k being zero. But it does execute on history bars. That line is looking at MA value of the bars after the current bar.

Am I right that this might result in different indicator values during backtesting on historical bars?
Hello.
I'm thinking about it and I'm not 100 sure ... Maybe someone more experienced like Mrtools would answer?

太虚一毫 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:40 pm Hello mrtools / kvak teacher!

Fractal channel breakout histo has several versions.

Looking forward to the teacher referring to bulls -vs- bears jma + rsi histogram (btn) to add RSI filtering to Fractal channel breakout histo .

(Fractal - channel breakout histo+zone+BT version would be more interesting to add RSI filtering.)

Infinite merit!
Make this mod.
Upper histogram is RSI, lower fractal channel.
2 or 3 state for both histogram.
Arrows and alerst are based on 3 state logic for both histogram.
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 4):
太虚一毫, yoki, Milad8732, 256robertm