Re: Trend Indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:55 am Sorry thought we were talking about Trend indicator B V2. Don't think I have a copy of the ift wpr shadow handy.
Dear Mrtools - going back to this comment - it was ift_wpr_mtf_shadow that was causing the problem. I was using buffer 5 whose history bars are updated via PlotPoint function. I do not really understand what the PlotPoint function is really doing but I have now shifted to using buffer 0 which is not repainting.

On that note, it is possible to include all price and moving average options to this indi please? Since you said you do not have a copy handy, I am attaching the one I am using

mrtools wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:23 am The post you quoted the code does not go with where your dot is placed, so not sure what is going on.
:think:
naa.. i have the same file , but unfortunately there are so may places breakout happening and its very strong signals.
The same situation in histogram see snap both indies ..
i do love this indicator now..
:hug:
if you have time old post done some one, the snap see the same what i have received dots simliar type
please have a look the same indicator
These users thanked the author sal for the post:
Chickenspicy
"There is NO GOD higher than TRUTH" - Mahatma Gandhi

sal wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:11 am :think:
naa.. i have the same file , but unfortunately there are so may places breakout happening and its very strong signals.
The same situation in histogram see snap both indies ..
i do love this indicator now..
:hug:
if you have time old post done some one, the snap see the same what i have received dots simliar type
please have a look the same indicator
Because trend is calculated from signal to signal.
If you want all signal break change in your posted indicator line 185 from this

Code: Select all

trend[i]  = (i<Bars-1) ? (Close[i]>upper[i]) ? 1 : (Close[i]<lower[i]) ? -1 : trend[i+1] : 0;
to this

Code: Select all

trend[i]  =  (Close[i]>upper[i]) ? 1 : (Close[i]<lower[i]) ? -1 : 0;
EDIt: make quick mode, where you have menu and you may switch between this two modes...
These users thanked the author kvak for the post:
sal