Re: BeatlemaniaSA's XU-Hybrid Trading System

Meyney wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:57 am Sorry I did not want to hurt your feelings. In the end your trade turned out well right just as I said. It does not look nice but in the end profit :D
Dont worry you didnt hurt my feelings. I was worried that I hurt yours, as you seemed very irritated by my trade.

I am glad you are fine.

Thanks, yes. It pays the bills.
These users thanked the author PumbaPLS for the post:
Jedidiah
You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew

PumbaPLS wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:48 am Clearly wasnt the low ;)

Why is it big drawdown? I risked 1% of my account and it didnt reach the SL I have set for the trade.

It was a 1:1 Trade even with holding over the weekend, which again isnt really a problem for me. Maybe its for you.

Did my trade hurt you in anyway? Did I step on your toe by accident?
Don't get annoyed Pumba. We all learn from other people's approach and trades. I'm sure you had your reason to place that trade.
I don't trade FX but opened the chart out of curiosity i.e. thinking what would have I done.
It is obvious that the GBPUSD is constantly moving South. Thus I'd have a Framework like this on the 4H/D1 TF and my consideration of shorts would be at the 1.26 level.....moving to the 1M chart to place my entries with low risk. Placing a short down near an S/R level would be a no, no for me. Of course such level can be broken (as it did, but much later)....but that's hindsight at this stage. Just my 3 Cents.

These users thanked the author RplusT for the post (total 2):
BeatlemaniaSA, maroka

RplusT wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:48 pm Don't get annoyed Pumba. We all learn from other people's approach and trades. I'm sure you had your reason to place that trade.
I don't trade FX but opened the chart out of curiosity i.e. thinking what would have I done.
It is obvious that the GBPUSD is constantly moving South. Thus I'd have a Framework like this on the 4H/D1 TF and my consideration of shorts would be at the 1.26 level.....moving to the 1M chart to place my entries with low risk. Placing a short down near an S/R level would be a no, no for me. Of course such level can be broken (as it did, but much later)....but that's hindsight at this stage. Just my 3 Cents.

This Thread is called "BeatlemaniaSA's XU-Hybrid Trading System" I believe and the entry shown was based on the new template Beatle has shared (I looked at my own for confirmation) and took the trade based on that.
I personally dont care about S/R Levels, nor do I care a lot about Trendlines.

I know you love your Trendlines and great that it works for you, but I am doing well without them.

My FX approach is Systematic. I get alerts on my phone when my System is giving me an entry signal, I then open my charts, take a quick glance and take the trade.

Simple as that. It´s working.

If you want to learn from other people´s approaches the go ahead and do that, but dont go around criticizing other peoples trades without any reason whatsoever.

Everyone trades differently. Respect that. If you dont like the trade I took or take then go to your own thread and mind your own business.
These users thanked the author PumbaPLS for the post (total 2):
BeatlemaniaSA, DaffyTaffy
You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew

RplusT wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:48 pm Don't get annoyed Pumba. We all learn from other people's approach and trades. I'm sure you had your reason to place that trade.

Maybe this makes you happier

I went for a momentum play thinking we might not get a pullback anymore. I know this big breakout Bar was from news, but maybe that is enough to get strong one directional push to the downside, while everyone was trying to buy GU to trade their reversals.
My SL was placed wide enough in case we actually make a bigger retracement.

On my personal Account I added another Trade when it retested the resistance (I split my risk), but on my funded Ultra Capital account I am not allowed to add into losses (somewhat understandable as I wouldnt recommend anyone doing that).

If I could go back in time I would wait on the pullback and go full margin on the short and make Elon Musk call me Daddy, but sadly that is not possible
These users thanked the author PumbaPLS for the post (total 3):
BeatlemaniaSA, RplusT, Meyney

Haha don't we all!

In hindsight everything looks obvious on the chart but at the end of the day you banked profit and lived to fight another day.

I trade the daily chart so I missed out on alot of gains but I can be patient:)

Have a good weekend!
These users thanked the author Jon for the post (total 2):
PumbaPLS, BeatlemaniaSA

Meyney wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:28 am Ah I see thanks, so sort of trendline. Now I can plot a trendline which will match your upper black line, but no linear regression. Do you mind telling us where you started the linear regression and on which timeframe?
Sorry I am not sure about the indicator settings, I am using the default settings from it as it works very well.

I am currently not home, but I can share the indicator I use once I am.

Meyney wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:28 am Ah I see thanks, so sort of trendline. Now I can plot a trendline which will match your upper black line, but no linear regression. Do you mind telling us where you started the linear regression and on which timeframe?
There it is!
These users thanked the author PumbaPLS for the post (total 3):
Meyney, kimhyunmin, SijjiN