Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

pin12 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:19 pm Hi!

I share the mq4 file of a simple EA based on moving averages that is shown in this video:

I've been testing it with the strategy tester and it works very well, but instead of winning, it is losing, smoothly and continuously.

Could someone please modify it to be profitable, so that instead of gradually losing, it gradually gains?

It would be important if the externally configurable controls can be added, since it does not have them; just the magic number. Would it be possible to add a reverse function to it?

Thanks since now
hi mate. i see your on the 1 minute chart, how big is your spread? trading moving average crossovers without a raw spread will probably not work on the 1 minute time frame, that could be why your buy positions are opening +pips from the actual price itself

especially trading AUDNZD, that normally has a higher spread than major fx pairs

also if you have a look on this forum, i’m sure there will be plenty other moving average cross ea’s
These users thanked the author trotterstrader for the post:
pin12

trotterstrader wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:36 am hi mate. i see your on the 1 minute chart, how big is your spread? trading moving average crossovers without a raw spread will probably not work on the 1 minute time frame, that could be why your buy positions are opening +pips from the actual price itself

especially trading AUDNZD, that normally has a higher spread than major fx pairs

also if you have a look on this forum, i’m sure there will be plenty other moving average cross ea’s
Thanks for the info bro.. I think the simplest eas can be the best..

pin12 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:03 am Thank you MrTools

I was just looking at those eas, and I've been trying some that give me the same results as the one I put here.

I think the problem is that I don't know how to configure or use them correctly.
The settings arent the problem... if a simple MA cross is all it takes to be profitable then no one would need to go to work anymore.
MA crosses can be good, but you certainly need more to have a consistent profitable bot.

I wish it was that easy.
These users thanked the author PumbaPLS for the post:
Jedidiah
You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew

PumbaPLS wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:24 am The settings arent the problem... if a simple MA cross is all it takes to be profitable then no one would need to go to work anymore.
MA crosses can be good, but you certainly need more to have a consistent profitable bot.

I wish it was that easy.
Thanks. The best thing would be for the EA to work the same way but in reverse. I don't know if that would be possible. :D

pin12 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:19 am Thanks. The best thing would be for the EA to work the same way but in reverse. I don't know if that would be possible. :D
Of course it is possible, here you go.
The thing is that the reversed ea works better in periods of sideways market, while the 'normal' one works better in trending periods...

The funny thing is, that most ea's are losing money long term, so why not just reverse signals?
These ea's are so bad, that they lose both ways.
These users thanked the author zookeeper for the post:
pin12

pin12 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:19 am Thanks. The best thing would be for the EA to work the same way but in reverse. I don't know if that would be possible. :D
with regards to your query about working in reverse, i think the reason while your ea isn’t working the way you would like, is due to the fact your spread is too big. so reversing it would give you the exactly the same results, possible even worse.

what it recommend is open a raw spread demo account (0 spread) and test it out on that before putting the ea anywhere near a live account mate! that way, your ea will actually buy and sell at the real prices of the cross, and not +5 pips away from the actual price.

all the best mate
These users thanked the author trotterstrader for the post (total 2):
zookeeper, pin12