Re: Zero Lag Smoothed Cycle 02

keringet wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:05 am Hi guys, this is my first post in the community. I have been a "guest" for a while now and i must say the knowledge in here is tremendous.
I recently downloaded the "zero lag smoothed cycle 02" and i have been wondering what is your experience on it ie for those who have used it.
Thanks
I don’t know why there is a red line and what it calculates. I would use this indicator in such a form as in the picture on zero crossing signals

Re: Zero Lag Smoothed Cycle 02

Market cycles involve price reversals at regular intervals.
Usually these are some kind of natural astrological cycles of nature. If you look at the moon phase indicator, then the correlation of prices with these cycles is obvious.
Any cycle indicator must look to the future to determine the date of the future price reversal,
otherwise, any indicator that has a specified period will be a cycle indicator. If you put any period on any indicator, it will calculate the price according to the cycle specified by the period.
When I once wondered what is the true cycle for medium-term trading and how to optimize it,
then he asked me to make an indicator that averages the cycle, shows the average number of bars for a given period of price movement.
They did this for me on a zigzag, where the total number of bars on history is calculated and this value is divided by the number of zigzag signals of a certain period.
This is how the average time cycle of movement from an extremum to an extremum of a given period is found out.
It turned out that the average cycle is always about 30% longer than the specified period of the indicator.
It can be assumed that if market flats are always longer than trend impulses,
then to close an open trade on any indicator, you must first reduce its period by 30% to close the trade on its signal.
For accuracy, it would be better to take into account the trend factor by comparing only trend impulses and only corrections. For example, using the Mladen highlow trend indicator. Then the results will be more accurate.
More detailed information about cycle changes is needed to predict the future.
These users thanked the author Intrest 1 for the post:
yoki