Re: Fractal Order Blocks Open Secret System

PumbaPLS wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:27 pm Well yes, Blocks of orders. Indeed.
But his orderblocks have nothing to do with the explanation you gave.

I dont see how Orderblocks are much different than supply and demand levels.
Yes, sure, order blocks occur on S/D levels...PA either reverses of continues The video I posted was to give an idea how to analyze a move from there and place a trade with low risk...or refrain (no trade).....or a continuation trade. Such approach does give very good results and with practice boosts confidence.
It's almost the holy grail of trading........ :D ....Just kidding!

[quote=Ogee post_id=1295479179 time=1654073510 user_id=4932353]
yes, he was just describing to retail traders how institutional traders did it (nearly 20 years ago) and he made it into a simple system. Many people caught on and included it in their own websites - 'nononsense' trading for example.

But yes, you did have to go through his bipolar issues with him lol.
No nonsense VP is a trend trader and does not concern himself with institutional trading.

RplusT wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:42 pm ONLY 3 ORDER BLOCKS YOU NEED TO KNOW / SMART MONEY CONCEPTS
I think this is an interesting video to explain entries, identifying smart money order blocks.
Entries are actually pretty effective. Identified numerous trade opportunities with little risk.
A good additional knowledge I use for trading with Trendlines and S/R levels.

Thank you for sharing the video... I am really going to dive deep into whatever it offers.... Just a few things about Order blocks and SD Zones.... I read
extensively about SD zones so I understand zones and have been using them for a long time but my interest in OB was aroused by that Order Block indicator which is already on the forum.... I learned more about them and found them useful. so to be honest I use both concepts interchangeably... Sometimes both work, sometimes none seems to work.... The secret is not their accuracy or precision, the secret is using them consistently over the long run... I have more losing trades than my winners but I force myself to stick to them...and then they work.... When a zone or OB forms, it is hard not to see it because it will be tested and a successful test is pretty obvious, you can hardly miss it.... It will shout in your face... I am sharing one recent example.... Look at the number of tests around whatever you may call that area...... Then I used the BB stops indicator to enter with predetermined risk then sat on my trade for quite some time.... The result is there for your observation...... I hope it helps someone, there is no hidden secret to market, when something happens, it is right there before your eyes, you just have to capitalize on that.....
Attachments
These users thanked the author Mustafa for the post (total 3):
RplusT, ParallelNative, RodrigoRT7

Mustafa wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:20 am So again it is becoming irrelevant by what name I call the areas where I take my trades...... But with trial and error and experience from countless losing trades, I have learned to see them and have been working to refine my method to trade around these areas.......
In a strategy three things are sacrosanct.

- Directional Bias: "we trade direction not bits and pieces of price action." - one of my mentors (he doesn't know it) RPlusT

- Areas of interests: learnt this from you and meyney, even RplusT too. Price tends to move really well when coming from an area of interest such as S/D zones, Psychological level and round numbers, Order blocks

- Entry Trigger: I see this as any valid excuse to place the trade, could be anything, bb stops, engulfing candle pattern, though I like macd for this.

Any strategy that accounts for these three things will do well long term in my opinion. It's trading foundation.

I am grateful to you guys for immense knowledge. I'm not where I want to be yet, but I'm close.
These users thanked the author Knight for the post:
Mustafa

PumbaPLS wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:27 pm Well yes, Blocks of orders. Indeed.
But his orderblocks have nothing to do with the explanation you gave.

I dont see how Orderblocks are much different than supply and demand levels.
Depending on the trader they are even exactly the same.

His OTE system... you mean a pullback to a fib level? The only thing he added was an additional level and he changed the names of those.

"Traps such as stop runs" so you mean their stoploss either was too tight or their trade idea simply didnt work out.

Oh wait... that would mean it's their fault that they lost money *gasp*

Anyway... it has nothing to do anymore with Mustafas thread.. so I leave it there.

Edit: he had thousands on students he was brainwa- coaching. I think he made a few pennies with those.
yes, as I said, major reversals on high time frame charts at previous support and resistance levels when most newbies were concentrating solely on the 5min. Yes, he used high % fiblevels to signal entry standby and yes he talked a lot about stop runs because they do happen and caught a lot of new traders out.

For nearly 15 years he was very prolific on forums as well as producing literally hundreds of hours of videos and webinars, all of it educational and all for FREE.

It was only around 2018 that he realised people he knew and had taught were rehashing his stuff and selling it as courses. Only then did he go back on his word to offer everything for free and this led to an incredibly hateful backlash, led mostly by those who were stealing his stuff.

Glad to be back with something to offer...... It is intended for slow, patient trading on weekly charts.... If you are addicted to day trading or prying your charts frequently, it will not work for you...... Hope your criticism and comments as well as any suggestions for improvement will make it better...

1. Weekly Chart
2. Follow the instructions on the screenshots....
3. That is all...

Note: Strategy is original, not borrowed from any source.
These users thanked the author Mustafa for the post:
RodrigoRT7