Re: Fractal Order Blocks Open Secret System

Knight wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:47 pm Congratulations!.. This is my current goal that I am actually preparing for right now. Super proud of you. Did you achieve this with the fractal order block trading system?.
Yes..... the system has worked wonderfully well over the past few months... Currently, I have totally migrated to drawing the zones manually though..... The rest is all the same.....
These users thanked the author Mustafa for the post:
Knight

Deked wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:08 am hey sorry for my late appreciation. And grats on your account!
What trading system/strategy finally worked for you in the end buddy?
I think I have already shared that I have started drawing order blocks myself instead of depending on any indicator, that was a huge change for me..... The rest is all the same.... I find entries with the help of BB Stops indicator and RSI crossover.... You will find plenty of examples I have shared earlier..... I am now focusing entirely on having precision in drawing the zones... once you have the right zone, only a few trades can change the results phenomenally in your favor...

For anyone interested the first use of the term 'order blocks' was by Micheal J Huddleston of Inner Circle Trading (ICT) way back in the Babypips forum when it first started around 2005 as part of his Optimal Trade Entry (OTE) system.

An interesting character, claimed to have developed the system while working as an institutional trader at a big firm. Put out a lot of educational stuff, vids, webinars and posted in many forums.

Was regulararly involved in online spats with detractors, admitted he as bipolar and had huge mood swings sometimes taking over whole 1 hour webinars that were just rants from start to finish.

Said he would always give away his material for free and did untill he found out Trader Dante was making £70,000 a month mentoring and suddenly shut all his free stuff down and went into the mentoring business lol around 2015.

You can still find loads of his stuff out there (or work by others citing ICT), just google.
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post:
Mustafa

constbln wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:31 pm citing ICT - how were people even trading before ICT?
watching and ict video is a pain that is hard to describe. I once tried to watch his mentoring, this man likes to talk...holy cow
yes, he was just describing to retail traders how institutional traders did it (nearly 20 years ago) and he made it into a simple system. Many people caught on and included it in their own websites - 'nononsense' trading for example.

But yes, you did have to go through his bipolar issues with him lol.

Ah... ICT the living proof that you dont need to know anything to get rich. Just pretend you do.

Use some fancy names to make it sound special and very important mention how top secret all this is as often as possible.

Fun fact... The term Orderblock as been indeed used in institutional trading, but for something completely different :)
You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew

PumbaPLS wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:28 pm Ah... ICT the living proof that you dont need to know anything to get rich. Just pretend you do.

Use some fancy names to make it sound special and very important mention how top secret all this is as often as possible.

Fun fact... The term Orderblock as been indeed used in institutional trading, but for something completely different :)
can't say as I ever saw any evidence that he was rich, seemed to be bogged down in expensive health issues for the most part (he and his family).

Order block can only mean a block of orders, and which tend to congregate at higher time frame chart levels of prior support and resistance, which was pretty much all he was really saying though he did try to include some means of avoiding traps.

So his OTE was really just a system for finding major reversal levels with a slight delay to the entry and a tight stop - all based on the weekly chart but executed on the 15 minute or so, not really rocket science but it did have a lot of appeal as that's what a lot on new traders wanted to do but kept falling into the traps such as stop runs.

Ogee wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:48 pm can't say as I ever saw any evidence that he was rich, seemed to be bogged down in expensive health issues for the most part (he and his family).

Order block can only mean a block of orders, and which tend to congregate at higher time frame chart levels of prior support and resistance, which was pretty much all he was really saying though he did try to include some means of avoiding traps.

So his OTE was really just a system for finding major reversal levels with a slight delay to the entry and a tight stop - all based on the weekly chart but executed on the 15 minute or so, not really rocket science but it did have a lot of appeal as that's what a lot on new traders wanted to do but kept falling into the traps such as stop runs.
Well yes, Blocks of orders. Indeed.
But his orderblocks have nothing to do with the explanation you gave.

I dont see how Orderblocks are much different than supply and demand levels.
Depending on the trader they are even exactly the same.

His OTE system... you mean a pullback to a fib level? The only thing he added was an additional level and he changed the names of those.

"Traps such as stop runs" so you mean their stoploss either was too tight or their trade idea simply didnt work out.

Oh wait... that would mean it's their fault that they lost money *gasp*

Anyway... it has nothing to do anymore with Mustafas thread.. so I leave it there.

Edit: he had thousands on students he was brainwa- coaching. I think he made a few pennies with those.
You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew