Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

Hi Mrtools,

Is it possible to do a single moving average indicator which has the following features;

1. All averages (if possible, otherwise as many averages as feasible)
2. On/Off button
3. Price (all prices if possible)
4. Shift

Nothing fanciful just those features. I'm back-testing the use of single MA in trading systems with positive shifts which seem encouraging and looks simpler and more effective than some advanced indicators. If such indicator already exists please let me know where I can find it. Thanks again.

traderokey wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:33 pm Hi Mrtools,

Is it possible to do a single moving average indicator which has the following features;

1. All averages (if possible, otherwise as many averages as feasible)
2. On/Off button
3. Price (all prices if possible)
4. Shift

Nothing fanciful just those features. I'm back-testing the use of single MA in trading systems with positive shifts which seem encouraging and looks simpler and more effective than some advanced indicators. If such indicator already exists please let me know where I can find it. Thanks again.
I think here is all what you need viewtopic.php?p=1295478801#p1295478801
averages - 9.51(mtf + alerts + arrows + kelt + button + autoPer).ex4 shift is on the bottom of the properties
I am use this indi and he is stable with other indies too :thumbup:
thanks to mrtools :)
These users thanked the author marwilli for the post:
traderokey
we can't change the wind, but we can set the sails differently

marwilli wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:55 pm I think here is all what you need viewtopic.php?p=1295478801#p1295478801
averages - 9.51(mtf + alerts + arrows + kelt + button + autoPer).ex4 shift is on the bottom of the properties
I am use this indi and he is stable with other indies too :thumbup:
thanks to mrtools :)

Thanks Marwilli. The shift doesn't work for me though. The MA doesn't move when I apply shift.

However, Shift functionality works in the 9.42 version. So, I'm using that instead. Thanks again.

averages - 9.42 (mtf + alerts + arrows + kelt + button + autoPer)

traderokey wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:44 am Thanks Marwilli. The shift doesn't work for me though. The MA doesn't move when I apply shift.

However, Shift functionality works in the 9.42 version. So, I'm using that instead. Thanks again.

averages - 9.42 (mtf + alerts + arrows + kelt + button + autoPer)
yes you are right. shift function is out of order. perhaps mrtools is be able to repair it??
we can't change the wind, but we can set the sails differently

thomdel wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 5:06 pm @ mrtools

Respected Sir,

If you like this suggestion :
Please Try to Provide Below Changes to : " Average crosses arrows or lines (mtf + alerts + candles) " Indi
( Replacing old menu options to new menu options )

1) Arrow Code : Provide User Input Menu --- attachment file for explanation *

2) Lines Width : Individual Fast Ma & Slow Ma Line Width Option --- attachment file for explanation *

Reason : This Indi has all features. The above changes will make it for proper use.

Thanks for your Support, Generosity, Efforts, Time.
Thanks. Thanks. Thanks.

Thanks Again & Again.
You don't like the drop-down menu for the arrows code, to me it's easier than having to think of the wing ding code to put in? But the having a separate fast/slow line width is a good thing?

mrtools wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:19 am You don't like the drop-down menu for the arrows code, to me it's easier than having to think of the wing ding code to put in? But the having a separate fast/slow line width is a good thing?

Respected Sir,

It's ok with drop down menu for arrows if its easier for you. No worries.
Actually the arrows codes help to differentiate arrows from other indis.

Edit : Separate Line width for fast slow ma
Asked for separate fast slow ma line width is bcoz saw the same option in old indi file.
This will help in keeping fast ma line width as 1 & slow ma line width 2 or more than 2 ---- to differentiate between these lines.

Thanks a Lot.
Thanks for your Support, Generosity.

thomdel wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 5:06 pm @ mrtools

Respected Sir,

If you like this suggestion :
Please Try to Provide Below Changes to : " Average crosses arrows or lines (mtf + alerts + candles) " Indi
( Replacing old menu options to new menu options )

1) Arrow Code : Provide User Input Menu --- attachment file for explanation *

2) Lines Width : Individual Fast Ma & Slow Ma Line Width Option --- attachment file for explanation *

Reason : This Indi has all features. The above changes will make it for proper use.

Thanks for your Support, Generosity, Efforts, Time.
Thanks. Thanks. Thanks.

Thanks Again & Again.
Try here Moving average indicators
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
marwilli