Re: Indicators with ON/OFF buttons

mostafamim1 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 1:13 am hi admin
please add button to this indcators,thanks

with btn corner in chart(left.right.up lower)

DWMRanges.mq4DWMRanges.mq4
For heiken ashi, you may use this and add smothing to 1.
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 2):
太虚一毫, Jedidiah

thomdel wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:33 pm

Please Note :-

1) Please Add Colour Candle Option : ( " Show Colour Candles Option is missing & is present in Xu ma simple " ) *

2) Please Provide Simple Menu Option for MA options as present in Xu ma simple * --- Attached pic for your ref *
i.e. : Please Remove : MaPriceH2 L2 menu

3) Please Keep : 36 Exponential Median Price & 9 Exponential Median Price : " This is present in Xu ma simple " * --- Attached pic for your ref *

1) ok
2) ok
3) ok
added button

Edit : upload also version without button
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 4):
太虚一毫, thomdel, marwilli, Jedidiah

thomdel wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:54 pm @ kvak

Respected Sir,

This Indi is from your Collection.

If you find this useful for all of us, Request you to Please Add 1) Colour Candles & 2) Button to : Step average 1.2

Thanks for your Generosity, Efforts, Kindness.
Thanks.
Added candle options and button....(for now button is not for S-R lines)...
EDIT: redownload file, find small bug.
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 6):
太虚一毫, thomdel, marwilli, Krunal Gajjar, josi, Jedidiah

kvak wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 9:10 am 1) ok
2) ok
3) ok
added button

Respected kvak Sir,

This is perfect.

I am asking for a small favour.

Please Try to make this XU ma simple " without Button " from this Indi, whenever Time Permits.
Reason : This has all the features.

Note : Please keep file name as : XU ma simple ( Please don't name new ver as 1.1 )

Thanks for your Time, Efforts, Generosity, Shares.
Thanks a Lot.

@ kvak

Respected kvak Sir,

Request you to Please Provide these options : to ---- HalfTrend MTF with Channels ahtf_ribbon mod BT.
This will enhance this Indi use. This Indi has all features.

Attachment Pic for your ref *

1) Colour Candles

2) Shadow Line : Width / Colour
( shadow line helps to see Colour changes : as found in your xu ma & other indis )

3) Option to Allow for any no. / decimal Input in : Amplitude
( i.e : 1.5, 1.51, 1.512,..... )
Right Now it accepts nos like 1,2,3 and does not allow decimal

Thanks Again & Again.
These users thanked the author thomdel for the post:
marwilli

@ kvak

Respected kvak Sir,

Request you to Please Provide these options : to : ----- "" Jurik half trend(Button) ""
Attachment Pic for your ref ***

1) Colour Candles

2) Shadow Line : Width / Colour
( shadow line helps to see Colour changes : as found in your xu ma & other indis )

3) Option to Allow for any no. / decimal Input in : Period
( i.e : 1.5, 1.51, 1.512,..... ) ***
Right Now it accepts nos like 1,2,3 and does not allow decimal

4) Your Enhanced Button Menu
( It has old static button menu )

My Apologies for various posts/suggestions/requests.

I like the feature of having an on/off button on various indicators. When I took a look at some of the examples, I was shocked at some of the problems!

I hate to step on anyone's toes here, BUT, the fact is that the rough template used to implement many of these on/off buttons is absolutely terrible coding! At best, it is slow, does not entirely work as intended, and has some glitches even when "working". At worst, when used in combination with some other indicators these may HANG MT4, forcing the user to kill it to recover.

I made a post of this same issue at www.mql5.com/en/forum/426017, and perhaps someone will offer some useful feedback, but I'll post a few attachments here that illustrate the wrong way, a better way, and a simple demonstration of how the wrong way, in combination with another indicator, can hang MT4!

Elsewhere in this thread is the original code, but I've added some comments for why this code is so flawed:
Here is an improved "v3" version of the same, still with a lot of comments, including the old (bad) commented code, just for reference. Unlike my "v2", I went ahead and renamed "start()" to "mystart()". The normal "start()" just calls "mystart()", and now the OnChartEvent() also calls "mystart()". Maybe it doesn't matter, but by using a different name, it might lesson the chance of a collision when both incoming ticks AND the OnChartEvent each try to directly run "start()". Most likely it was ok before, and the events and ticks just queued up to run sequentially, but who knows for sure.
If you add the following indicator to a chart, the indicator does nothing more than turn on various events if objects are deleted or created. When your chart has any indicator with these chart events enabled, when you then add the bad original version, just try to change TF's and/or toggle the on/off button then change TF's again. It won't be long until it hangs your MT4 session! (Or, it may take MANY minutes of thrashing until it again is controllable).
I offer my improved v3 code as a demonstration of a better way, but also invite anyone to comment on ways my code could be further improved.

P.S. I don't offer coding services, and I've no interest to port these changes to other indicators, but by comparing the differences of these two, someone with any basic understanding of programming should be able to make similar changes to other indicators.
These users thanked the author pips4life for the post (total 4):
Banzai, chris006, kvak, pipsquirrel

thomdel wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 5:55 pm @ kvak

Request you to Please Provide these options : to : ----- "" Jurik half trend(Button) ""
Attachment Pic for your ref ***

Iam not creator of this file...have not source code for this...
But I make this version, but it is make from version which is repaint....
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 4):
Jedidiah, thomdel, 太虚一毫, RodrigoRT7