Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

gigamer2 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 2:50 am It looks almost too good :Shocked: . does it repaint? if I use it for example with 4 hour settings on a 30 min chart?
PumbaPLS wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:26 am MTF = repainting
Sorry Pumba, just going to expand on this. If it's a non-repainting indicator, it won't repaint on the current timeframe.
Non repainting indicators with Multi-timeframe capabilities do not repaint per se, they just continue to adjust and finish calculating until that higher timeframe selected is Closed.

Some important posts that explain this:

Giga, using the MTF doesn't outright mean it's a "repainting" indicator. But I hope this post explains the reasoning why a Multi-timeframe indicator cannot finish calculating until the higher timeframe's candle is Closed :thumbup:
These users thanked the author ChuChu Rocket for the post (total 4):
Chickenspicy, PumbaPLS, DTRCT, Jimmy
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎

ChuChu Rocket wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:59 am Sorry Pumba, just going to expand on this. If it's a non-repainting indicator, it won't repaint on the current timeframe.
Non repainting indicators with Multi-timeframe capabilities do not repaint per se, they just continue to adjust and finish calculating until that higher timeframe selected is Closed.

Giga, using the MTF doesn't outright mean it's a "repainting" indicator. But I hope this post explains the reasoning why a Multi-timeframe indicator cannot finish calculating until the higher timeframe's candle is Closed :thumbup:
hehe sorry, I might have been a bit too lazy with my explaination
You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew

ETFOptionsTrader wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:56 am Does anyone have a zigzag indicator which draws arrows at every swing that do not delete upon redrawing? I realize the arrows will not display in historical charts and will only do so in real charts.

I wonder if there are settings which can help identify trend continuation/exhaustion.
bout as close as ever will be possible
the semaphore true i believe is non repainting zig zag
weis waves statistics volume connects zig zags by volume
not all weis waves do that and repaint then there are also some weis waves that measures the legs of the zig zag
in theory people are just trying to see if buyers are selling or winning by the size of the waves they cant really do much esle except possible catch price way out of bounds

you can try using 88filter or vertex to try and find exhaustion but they repaint also they have to
These users thanked the author Chickenspicy for the post (total 3):
ChuChu Rocket, ETFOptionsTrader, andrei-1
0 + 0 = 0
Infinite / Infinite = 1
1 way to Heaven & it matters

ChuChu Rocket wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:59 am Sorry Pumba, just going to expand on this. If it's a non-repainting indicator, it won't repaint on the current timeframe.

Thank you dear, that makes a lot more sense to me now. I will read the topics. :) :)
These users thanked the author gigamer2 for the post:
ChuChu Rocket