Re: Honje's collection of indicators, strategies and trading journals

mrtools wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:40 am This version seems to be working hopefully it will be fine when market opens.
Banzai wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:50 am Timezone Breakout

Released date: August 4th, 2020, by jeanlouie

These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post:
Chickenspicy
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

PumbaPLS wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:06 pm I think most Traders have a misconception what a holy grail is. Or maybe rather that I have a different view about the Holy Grail.

For me the Holy Grail has nothing to do with the winrate or having no losses or whatever.

Does your System perfectly fit your personality and style of trading?
Does your System perfectly fit the way you view the Market?

If you can answer both with yes then you found your Holy Grail.

A quick example...

My main source of income comes from scalping indices:

I am very good at waiting for the right setup, but I am very bad at holding trades.
Thats why I scalp, my personality traits are favourable for that.

I cant look the whole day on the screen and wait for a setup. In theory I could, but I simply lack focus at some point and miss setups.
So what I do? I only trade at a specific time of the Day for about 30minutes (if even).

Now I add certain levels and other confluences in my trading to get a consistent way of entering the setups, all those levels and confluences make a lot of sense to me, so I have 100% confidence in them.

This is for me my holy grail. I take losses, I am not getting 1:200RR.

But this system is perfect for me,likely the best system that I am ever going to find for me. My Holy Grail
Chickenspicy
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

friend4you wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:42 pm One of the great older indicators to ignore sideway markets is still Damiani_volatmeter with different settings, here posted for the first time on fs and with alert as mq4. The inventer wrote:
"Used to filter whipsawed markets out. When noise line (grey) is above signal line (green) even trading ranges strategies will have poor performance - by Luis Guilherme Damiani NEW VERSION"

Maybe our coders want to make it even better, maybe all price types, jurik smoothing, adaptiveness and/or filtering?

Any thoughts about this idea: If you like one of the ideas, please click the thumb button left under this post.

Damiani Volatmeter v3.2 Alerts.ex4
Damiani Volatmeter v3.2 Alerts.mq4
rijay wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:43 am/
rijay wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:15 am/
rijay wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:53 am.
rijay wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:23 pm.
rijay wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:44 am.
Chickenspicy

That's my trading style. 100% must avoid sideways range-bound markets. No trend, no volatility equals no trading.
Chickenspicy

viewtopic.php?f=578267&t=8416709

XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Tonight I'm going to put XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System
Download all historical versions and indicators of
Chickenspicy

WOW
Attachments
Chickenspicy

xard777 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:26 pm This might help with the entries on 5 min chart (should work OK on all time frames)
It is an old stochastic and normally you trade 20/80 but check out the 50 level entries.
Xard777
Chickenspicy

xard777 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:52 am I am thinking of posting this setup, may be it will help those traders that are finding it hard to make Pip$.
Xard777
Chickenspicy

xard777 was bombarded with my likes. . . :sweat:

Hope he doesn't get intimidated. ;)
Chickenspicy