Little coding help please!.... Cycle Bar indicator

Hey guys.... I am a trader but unfortunately not a coder!

I came across this indicator about a year ago and it just looks fantastic! So good in fact that I suspected it as a re-painter!

But after watching it for a while I have comfirmed that it is not repainting but either has a "refresh" issue (doesn't appear until the chart refreshes) or something baked into it is waiting for a pattern to complete (like a fractal)... therefore, by the time you notice it has thrown a signal it is a couple of candles back. However, this thing picks such great entries that most of the time those couple of candles missed don't hurt you....and it works great as a confirmation for my other favorite entry indicators.

One other issue is that it only seems to work on the M5! If you put it on the H1 it will throw a million signals(exaggeration)....if you put it on the M1 it will not throw any signals! And when you try to tweak the settings nothing changes on the chart.

Having said that there are a couple of things that would really make this indi magical....:

1-address the refresh issue
2-add push notifications
3-figure out why it only works on the M5

Thanks for your interest and hopefully we can get this one figured out because it could be a world beater!

Thanks,
CC

Re: Little coding help please!.... Cycle Bar indicator

codeCollector wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 5:21 am Hey guys.... I am a trader but unfortunately not a coder!

I came across this indicator about a year ago and it just looks fantastic! So good in fact that I suspected it as a re-painter!

But after watching it for a while I have comfirmed that it is not repainting but either has a "refresh" issue (doesn't appear until the chart refreshes) or something baked into it is waiting for a pattern to complete (like a fractal)... therefore, by the time you notice it has thrown a signal it is a couple of candles back. However, this thing picks such great entries that most of the time those couple of candles missed don't hurt you....and it works great as a confirmation for my other favorite entry indicators.

One other issue is that it only seems to work on the M5! If you put it on the H1 it will throw a million signals(exaggeration)....if you put it on the M1 it will not throw any signals! And when you try to tweak the settings nothing changes on the chart.

Having said that there are a couple of things that would really make this indi magical....:

1-address the refresh issue
2-add push notifications
3-figure out why it only works on the M5

Thanks for your interest and hopefully we can get this one figured out because it could be a world beater!

Thanks,
CC
Cycle bar repaints, sorry.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
Jedidiah