Re: Pumba´s - Swing Trading System

oneking wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:07 am Thank you Pumpa for sharing your system is really solid , but I have one question is the trend envelop repaint ?
if yes how you use it ?
I asked him same thing in private message. This is his reply:
PumbaPLS wrote:Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:59 pm Hi!

I use it on all currency Pairs, I watch 28.

the Trend envelope repaints, because of using a higher timeframe.

When the Trend evelope changes its direction I would suggest waiting for the Daily Candle to close (If using it on the 4Hour).
Once the Daily Candle closes it wont repaint anymore and a new Trend is officially established.
These users thanked the author KAESER444 for the post (total 2):
oskar656, PumbaPLS
LIFE IS WAR

renaissance7 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:26 pm are the fractals here just for visual indication?
The fractals can be used for many things.

They can give you an Overview
They can give you Targets
They can give you breakout Trades
They can show you Major Pivot Highs and Lows
They are also used for the Trendlines you see.

Use them as you see fit.
These users thanked the author PumbaPLS for the post:
renaissance7
You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew

Hello,

Thanks for this beautiful system - I got couple of question and I don't think It's been answered in thread.

I tried template loading on soft4x back testing but It didn't load properly - I think only way is to forward test not back test, As volatility stays at LOW, Major trend direction indicator don't show at all.

My question is : When you trade 28 pairs on 4H / Daily, Do you manually look of enery and obeserve if you see something which give you signal later on? I don't think we can set alert unless open all trading pairs and turn on notification? Thanks :)

Secondly, ADR or any other key level can be use as TP but for SL, What is best option you found during your testing? Swing point or Fractel or any other ?

Thank you very much. :)

rogeryrogery wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 7:07 pm Hello,

Thanks for this beautiful system - I got couple of question and I don't think It's been answered in thread.

I tried template loading on soft4x back testing but It didn't load properly - I think only way is to forward test not back test, As volatility stays at LOW, Major trend direction indicator don't show at all.

My question is : When you trade 28 pairs on 4H / Daily, Do you manually look of enery and obeserve if you see something which give you signal later on? I don't think we can set alert unless open all trading pairs and turn on notification? Thanks :)

Secondly, ADR or any other key level can be use as TP but for SL, What is best option you found during your testing? Swing point or Fractel or any other ?

Thank you very much. :)
several indicators on this template are based on HTF data, during your soft4fx backtest you dont have that data so indicators dont work.

for the Daily timeframe: I check every night about 15-10minutes before the Daily close if a signal might occure or has occured.
for the 4Hour timeframe: I check every 4Hour if a signal might occure or has occured
So yes, I manually check the Pairs for signals, as I am trading fulltime I anyways have nothing better to do ;)

You could reduce the amount of historic bars allowed on MT4 and delete a few indicators just to have the most necessary, this should enable you to have all Pairs on the Chart with Alerts activated, once a valid signal appears... change for that pair the template to the original one and see if the Trade is valid.

Just a thought.

I generally put my SL above/below Entry Candle or max above/below 1-2 prev. Candes before the Entry.
I dont think there is a best option and depends more about how you trade/want to trade.

Wider SL = less RR higher WR
small SL = higher RR lower WR3

hope this helped.
These users thanked the author PumbaPLS for the post (total 3):
Jedidiah, TraderX, eduarescobar
You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew

PumbaPLS wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 7:30 pm several indicators on this template are based on HTF data, during your soft4fx backtest you dont have that data so indicators dont work.

for the Daily timeframe: I check every night about 15-10minutes before the Daily close if a signal might occure or has occured.
for the 4Hour timeframe: I check every 4Hour if a signal might occure or has occured
So yes, I manually check the Pairs for signals, as I am trading fulltime I anyways have nothing better to do ;)

You could reduce the amount of historic bars allowed on MT4 and delete a few indicators just to have the most necessary, this should enable you to have all Pairs on the Chart with Alerts activated, once a valid signal appears... change for that pair the template to the original one and see if the Trade is valid.

Just a thought.

I generally put my SL above/below Entry Candle or max above/below 1-2 prev. Candes before the Entry.
I dont think there is a best option and depends more about how you trade/want to trade.

Wider SL = less RR higher WR
small SL = higher RR lower WR3

hope this helped.
Thank you and great explaination.

Just 1 more question, Broker time :) - Most of brokers use +2 GMT, which broker do you use and does it matter regarding 4H or daily candle close time with system. Thank you mate.