Re: Trend Indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:22 am You originally said "for up arrows::: open price < bottom channel && high price > previous bar high price at close time frame" you never gave your rules for down arrows so I assumed you wanted the opposite for down arrows. This is the code with 1 = up arrows and -1 = down arrows. Now it sounds like you want a verified bull/bear candle after channel breakout.

Code: Select all

trend[i]  = (Open[i]<lower[i] && High[i]>High[i+1]) ? 1 : (Open[i]>upper[i] && Low[i]<Low[i+1]) ? -1 : 0;
mr.tools
finally i can expect any update!!
"There is NO GOD higher than TRUTH" - Mahatma Gandhi

camisa wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:13 am interesting indicator, mrtools can you please add full audio alerts?
here it is, plus one little mistake corrected (I was using "iHigh" for "lowest" value instead of 'iLow', not a huge deal but now it's corrected, sorry about that guys)
not tested but alerts should work
alerts are issued during latest bar (when the high/low is broken), not at a new bar. But the logic of the indicator allows that to happen, allowing alerts even earlier. If you want you can wait the close of the bar to trade the signal but I don't see any benefit to that

please look above for the latest file
These users thanked the author ionone for the post (total 7):
kvak, camisa, Milad8732, Jimmy, ChuChu Rocket, Jedidiah, RodrigoRT7

ionone wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:42 pm here it is, plus one little mistake corrected (I was using "iHigh" for "lowest" value instead of 'iLow', not a huge deal but now it's corrected, sorry about that guys)
not tested but alerts should work
alerts are issued during latest bar (when the high/low is broken), not at a new bar. But the logic of the indicator allows that to happen, allowing alerts even earlier. If you want you can wait the close of the bar to trade the signal but I don't see any benefit to that
I think it's not working, please add alert message display