Re: Trend Indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote:Wed May 19, 2021 2:42 am Why would you want the arrows in separate buffers, sorry not understanding?
As I understand the "rules" for the indicator correct, the signal gets triggered when each color respectively breaks threw the golden line. But there are never 2 sell/buy signals in a row. Seems to me that there always has to be a buy signal after a sell signal.

Now correct me if iam wrong but thats how I understand it from looking at the indicator and its thread.

I want to backtest the indicator and its capabilities.
Sadly I dont know how to implement that special rule that the same signal cant be twice after each other. Having the arrows in buffers (if sell signal = true then buffer = 1)would make it easy, but i would understand if it is to much work to do. Iam using fxdreema to backtest it.

Thanks for your response!

Re: Trend Indicators for MT4

Behold97 wrote:Thu May 20, 2021 8:38 pm As I understand the "rules" for the indicator correct, the signal gets triggered when each color respectively breaks threw the golden line. But there are never 2 sell/buy signals in a row. Seems to me that there always has to be a buy signal after a sell signal.

Now correct me if iam wrong but thats how I understand it from looking at the indicator and its thread.

I want to backtest the indicator and its capabilities.
Sadly I dont know how to implement that special rule that the same signal cant be twice after each other. Having the arrows in buffers (if sell signal = true then buffer = 1)would make it easy, but i would understand if it is to much work to do. Iam using fxdreema to backtest it.

Thanks for your response!
On this I have upVal = buffer 2, dnVal = buffer 3, and ItLevel = buffer 4 . If upVal > ItLevel = buy and if dnVal > ItLev = sell. Also you can use the trend buffer which is buffer 5 and call it similar to this

Code: Select all

#define _doNothing 0
#define _doBuy     1
#define _doSell    2
void OnTick()
{
   int doWhat = _doNothing;
      double hull_trend_current  = iCustom(NULL,0,"Adaptive -  jurik filter (mtf +  alerts + fl's)",PERIOD_CURRENT,Length,Phase,Double,AtrLength,AtrPhase,AtrDouble,Price,Filter,FilterType,LevelType,MinMaxPeriod,KATR,LevelUp,LevelDn,ColorOn,12,BarToUse);
      double hull_trend_previous = iCustom(NULL,0,"Adaptive -  jurik filter (mtf +  alerts + fl's)",PERIOD_CURRENT,Length,Phase,Double,AtrLength,AtrPhase,AtrDouble,Price,Filter,FilterType,LevelType,MinMaxPeriod,KATR,LevelUp,LevelDn,ColorOn,12,BarToUse+1);
      if (hull_trend_current!=hull_trend_previous)
         if (hull_trend_current==1)
               doWhat = _doBuy;
         else  doWhat = _doSell;
Of course you need to change the iCustom to match the Itrend.