Re: Trend Indicators

Tsar wrote:Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:25 pm Thank's made the New Indicator.

I saw 'Bear market rally histogram color' as Turquoise color in the Setting.
May I ask you... Where is BULL market rally histogram color ? :problem:
Dear Mr. Tools, please forgive me , but a couple questions
1. what does "bear market rally" really mean? beginning of a strong bear market / signal?
2. what does "bull market rally" really mean? beginning of a strong bull market / signal?
3. are these colors wrong? are they suppose to be inverse? meaning "bull market rally" should be Turquoise and "bear market rally" should be Dark Orange? (screen shot attached)
4. Do you have a ASH indicator which has DMI as a calculation method and many additional MAs than just the standard 4?
Attachments

daproject85 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:49 pm Dear Mr. Tools, please forgive me , but a couple questions
1. what does "bear market rally" really mean? beginning of a strong bear market / signal?
2. what does "bull market rally" really mean? beginning of a strong bull market / signal?
3. are these colors wrong? are they suppose to be inverse? meaning "bull market rally" should be Turquoise and "bear market rally" should be Dark Orange? (screen shot attached)
4. Do you have a ASH indicator which has DMI as a calculation method and many additional MAs than just the standard 4?
1. Bear market rally mean was a strong bull market but the bears are rallying.
2. Bull market rally means was a strong bear market but the bulls are rallying.
3. The explanations above should explain the color choice.
4. This version has adx (no dmi) and just the standard 4 MAS.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
太虚一毫

mrtools wrote:Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:01 am

1. Bear market rally mean was a strong bull market but the bears are rallying.
2. Bull market rally means was a strong bear market but the bulls are rallying.
3. The explanations above should explain the color choice.
4. This version has adx (no dmi) and just the standard 4 MAS.
thank you, aside from the version above, do you have one that has more calculation besides RSI, SToch, and ADX along with more than the 4 average?

Re: Trend Indicators for MT4

Teebone21 wrote:Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:07 am I trade low timeframes such as 1 minute charts. Is there a reliable scalping indicator recommendation for me? Many indis I find are to slow to keep up with price action.
From my extensive testing, there just isn't anything reliable on M1, M5 is minimum. Either signals are too late or produce too many fakes during random price phase.

One solution, but only as additional confirmation, is to use any type of MA and have signal based on whether price is above or below MA. This can be done by either using the newest averages indi from this site with option to signal on price cross or any MA cross indi (averages - crosses or averages - ribbon). While this can produce many repeating signals if price just keeps oscillating around your selected MA, if you use high enough value for MA it can be a very good confirmation / re-enter tool. If you're not sure, where to start on 1M, try LWMA(1000) which is the same as LWMA 200 on M5 but no need to wait for full 5m to enter. You can also use other MAs or indicators with period *5 setting to simulate M5 signals but on 1M chart which is always faster (but more prone to fakes) and have your main ones as mtf 5M or above on 1m chart.