Re: Trend Indicators

spot007 wrote:Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:06 pm

Hello!

I was wondering if there is a histogram version of this MT4 indicator (Mladen's kalman filter 2.1 veolicty - separate window) - or a version that allows to choose histogram or line.

I realize this post is around a year and a half since the original was posted, but I only recently came across Mladen's MQL5 version of the Kalman Filter Velocity on the MQL5 site (it also allows to choose line color change method to be either based on trend or kalman). It was posted there 10 days ago, on 2019.02.08. I was able to modify that one to display as a histogram. However, I use MT4, not MT5. I found this MT4 version of the indicator (thanks to your post), however, the coding is different, and I cannot figure out how to modify it to display as a histogram, as I am not a coder. Is there an MT4 version that exists that would allow to display as a histogram (and possibly has alerts on color change)?
Hi man you are welcome here at first
Of course mql5 is different than mql4 - also Mladen codes are more easy,arranged and descriptive in a lot of ways than to other coders.
Will be see if it was coded before will post it too
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

spot007 wrote:Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:06 pm

Hello!

I was wondering if there is a histogram version of this MT4 indicator (Mladen's kalman filter 2.1 veolicty - separate window) - or a version that allows to choose histogram or line.

I realize this post is around a year and a half since the original was posted, but I only recently came across Mladen's MQL5 version of the Kalman Filter Velocity on the MQL5 site (it also allows to choose line color change method to be either based on trend or kalman). It was posted there 10 days ago, on 2019.02.08. I was able to modify that one to display as a histogram. However, I use MT4, not MT5. I found this MT4 version of the indicator (thanks to your post), however, the coding is different, and I cannot figure out how to modify it to display as a histogram, as I am not a coder. Is there an MT4 version that exists that would allow to display as a histogram (and possibly has alerts on color change)?
This would be the histo version
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 3):
太虚一毫, Marktaylor58, RodrigoRT7

mrtools wrote:Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:49 am This would be the histo version
Thanks mtiwana and mrtools for your quick assistance and welcome, and of course for posting the indicator!

I used to like forex-tsd before it was merged into mql5, then it just was no-longer the same experience. This site seems quite refreshing! Thank you again!

Simple Oscillator

Here is the Simple Oscillator for MT4 made by Mladen.

What I really like about this indicator is that it is truly simple in code and performance but yields strong results.
It is also a great indicator for learner coders to look into to help them learn and develope their own great oscillators :)

As explained by Mladen:
The indicator was created as an experiment. The experiment was how simple one oscillator can get and still be usable. And it turned out that it is enough to sum prices in a certain way to produce an oscillator.
All in all, it takes one line of code to produce an oscillator that is fairly good for showing trends.
You can use the changes of the slope for short term trend assessment or zero crosses longer term trend assessment.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post:
太虚一毫
Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Coppock Curve Averages

This is a feature-packed version of the Coppock Curve Averages by Mrtools which includes 8 Averages options, Alerts, Entry lines and MTF with interpolation.
太虚一毫

Balance Of Market Power (BOP)

This is the (BOP) Balance Of Market Power by Mrtools. Created by Igor Livshin in 2001, the BOP indicator evaluates the strength of buyers vs. sellers by assessing how strong price has been pushed to extreme high and low levels.
This version includes many convenient features such as Alerts, MTF + Interpolation, Arrows and more.
太虚一毫

Forex-TSD Smooth Crosses

This is the Smooth Crosses indicator by Mladen which uses Forex-TSD proprietary smoothed values. This indicator is a tool with great potential that is suitable for all traders and all timeframes.

As explained by Mladen:
Those are all our (TSD) proprietary smoothed values. Play a bit with Smooth Length to see what "amount" of smoothness you need.

All Jurik Volatility Mini Charts

This is the All Jurik Volatility (MTF mini charts) by Mladen which display different timeframes in your indicator subwindow.

Later this week we will take the time to start our long-overdue Jurik thread and transfer all the Jurik indicator posts into the fresh organized thread :)

iVar Browser

This is Mrtools's iVar Browser for MT4.

It's a beautiful indicator but a rather complex tool (a bit too complex for me), but according to my notes saved at the time, the indicator can be used to display the trend's strength and revolves around the 0.5 line.

Unfortunately, this is one indicator that I didn't save much information on at the time and several sources have different names for it ranging from "Flat Trend detector" to "Variation Index" to "An advanced ADX type of indicator".
Perhaps when Mrtools is free this week he could sum it up for us if we have questions on how to use it but for now, I'll just leave it here in our trend indicators thread :)
Jedidiah