Re: Trend Indicators

Averages Channel Candles (based off GRaB Candles)

Apologies if this is a repost but here is the Averages Channel by Mladen (posted by Mrtools) which includes colored candles and price channel.

The great thing about this tool by Mladen is that it brings back memories of an old trading strategy for me. I actually first started using this type of trend trading strategy many years ago as a newbie in the Forex game. A friend introduced me a technique called the "34 EMA Wave" by Raghee Horner. And that began my journey and research into Raghee Horner's books and trading techniques.

Back in the day, before this tool by Mladen was made, we would use three Exponential Moving Averages set to "34" and set those moving averages to:

• "High"
  • "Low"
  • "Close"

But with this tool by Mladen this strategy is rolled into one neat package including alerts plus more. Something I would have loved to have many years ago.

The 34 EMA Wave (channel) was and still is a very useful trading strategy and it taught me a lot about technicals, entries and even allowed me to counter-trade pullbacks when price ventured too far away from the "wave".

If anyone is looking to master trend trading I recommend downloading this indicator, applying it to your charts, and looking up Raghee Horner and her 34 EMA wave strategy. She's got a lot of very helpful info for beginners on her YouTube page as well.

For more 34 EMA Wave indicators, be sure to see here: Self-adjusting GRaB Candles for MT4 and Raghee Horner's books set.

These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, 太虚一毫
Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Tim Morris MA and Histogram set

Tim Morris Moving Average

The Tim Morris moving average system was created in 2004 by Tim Morris. It is often known as the "TMMA" and traders use this system for scalping and short term trades.

Upon backtesting it certainly seems to produce good signals for scalping in the M15 charts especially if you're taking trades in conjunction with the higher timeframe trends but it still lags behind the superior Jurik Smoothing algorithm.

Histogram and chart versions are below and have been fixed for MT4 1090.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post:
Jedidiah
Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Re: Trend Indicators

Trend Quality Q1 directional indicator averages
One more Trend variation of Mladen's experimenting curiosity
Mladen : Here is Q1made using averages too
with 29 types of Averages - 20 types prices - noise handling capability - levels and more including mtf interpolated
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.