Re: Trend Indicators

scarletPip wrote:Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:46 pm Mr. Tools/Mladen,
I could be mistaken but this version of ptl 2.07 histo(alerts + lines).mq4 appears to be delivering an alert upon every new candle. I should mention that I have pt. 2.07 alerts and ptl 2.07 histo on the same chart, so could that cause it?
ScarletPip, this version should do better and THANKS for the heads up.

FPS_Kalman_bands
So interesting and simple - attractive too
see and guess when price ride on either band (upper/lower) - different experiments can be tested
i think some upgradation required for to make it more useful - some part of code is inactive - experts can better explain why
experimented 70 period EMA and 35 period Smooth are same equal to main line (middle one)
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

Phase change index 1.1
The indicator Phase change Index - with usual prices - high/low levels (color change on levels cross) and invert options
MLADE : I decide to change it a bit - added the invert option,check the upper picture for comparison - upper is the new with invert true and lower is the old version when invert to false, i think that it is obvious,why i decided to make the invert option - Any way to make it the old version simply set invert option to false
Experts - 33 prices and smoothing factor some like jurik without significant lagging can make it more attractive and compromising with price change
regards

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

Phase change index - averages smoothed
This version Phase change Index - Averages smoothed with 36 Averaging methods - 20 prices - double smoothed and Adaptive features
I think it does job well on short term trading though sometimes at some points it act very strange :)

mntiwana wrote:Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:20 pm FPS_Kalman_bands
So interesting and simple - attractive too
see and guess when price ride on either band (upper/lower) - different experiments can be tested
i think some upgradation required for to make it more useful - some part of code is inactive - experts can better explain why
experimented 70 period EMA and 35 period Smooth are same equal to main line (middle one)
Can someone please check this indi, it lags like hell when using a longer period. Thank you.

mades wrote:Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:18 am

Can someone please check this indi, it lags like hell when using a longer period. Thank you.
I have not tested it live but if you test it and confirm it lagging then throw it out and forget about

mntiwana wrote:Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:23 am
I have not tested it live but if you test it and confirm it lagging then throw it out and forget about
Try yourself and set it to 200 instead of 20, deviation 1.5, first two values 0.001 and 10, 1M chart, this setting lags for me but it looks like it can actually give slightly better results than typical bands indi, that's why I asked.