Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Mickey Abi wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:37 am This is a great addition to the system..
I have loaded it and ready for testing..
One question.. What brings the final alert to take a trade? Is it the xard universe or the TMA band ?

The Alert condition for a buy are TMA Slope is above threshold, Signal MA is above Trend MA, Previous low is below SIgnal MA, Ask is above Signal MA, 300 seconds have passed since the last alert. So a combination of both Universe and TMA, it is all coded into the tma bands indicator.

But the alert is for a possible trade, I would normally want to see a green dot below my entry, a second dot etc. So an alert does not mean you just trade.
nil desperandum

chris006 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:44 am Hi FourXXXX,

In your template file there is a reference to the indicator TMABandRibbonAlerts that is not present in your zip file. Is it not needed?

EDIT: present in V30 M1, not in V30 M5
That file you discovered was a version that just made alerts, I incorporated everything into the tma_centered-bandsXXXX.exe indicator, so it is not needed.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post:
chris006
nil desperandum

FourXXXX wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:09 am The Alert condition for a buy are TMA Slope is above threshold, Signal MA is above Trend MA, Previous low is below SIgnal MA, Ask is above Signal MA, 300 seconds have passed since the last alert. So a combination of both Universe and TMA, it is all coded into the tma bands indicator.

But the alert is for a possible trade, I would normally want to see a green dot below my entry, a second dot etc. So an alert does not mean you just trade.
Thanks for the feedback..

The red, blue and grey TMA colors seem to NOT be consistent. Like it repaints / redraw backwards..
So it's hard to make trading decisions with it per time. ...
Any workaround as regards that ?

Mickey Abi wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:17 pm Thanks for the feedback..

The red, blue and grey TMA colors seem to NOT be consistent. Like it repaints / redraw backwards..
So it's hard to make trading decisions with it per time. ...
Any workaround as regards that ?
TMA is known to be repainting and making it NRP kinda destroys the TMA, thats why this version instead of NRP TMA is used.

Most Traders dislike repainting indicators, but what is the difference in those 2 following scenarios:

scenario 1 : Entry signal comes (lets say its an Arrow). You enter the trade, the trade doesnt work out and hits your SL. The Arrow still showing.

scenario 2: Entry signal comes (lets say its an Arrow). You enter the trade, the trade doesnt work out and the Arrows disappears. The reason why the Arrow
vanished is because the signal given on a previous Candle isnt Valid anymore.
These users thanked the author PumbaPLS for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, oskar656
You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew

PumbaPLS wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:25 pm TMA is known to be repainting and making it NRP kinda destroys the TMA, thats why this version instead of NRP TMA is used.

Most Traders dislike repainting indicators, but what is the difference in those 2 following scenarios:

scenario 1 : Entry signal comes (lets say its an Arrow). You enter the trade, the trade doesnt work out and hits your SL. The Arrow still showing.

scenario 2: Entry signal comes (lets say its an Arrow). You enter the trade, the trade doesnt work out and the Arrows disappears. The reason why the Arrow
vanished is because the signal given on a previous Candle isnt Valid anymore.
the difference is that in the first case, you can analyze the effectiveness of the indicator on the history, but this is not possible with repainting. the tma does not just remove the arrow, it rearranges it to the most advantageous position.... this is misleading
These users thanked the author Borshchov A.N. for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, pipalong