Re: MT4 Indicators with alerts/signals

mrtools wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:58 am Hard to tell far as I'm aware most renko charts repaint.
Really....I didn't know that. The Renko EA's I'm using are the one's I found here at FS. I don't know if they repaint or not. You would definitely know better than me. Are you aware of any Renko EA's that don't repaint?

And thanks for your response Mr. Tools

naluvs01 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:10 pm Really....I didn't know that. The Renko EA's I'm using are the one's I found here at FS. I don't know if they repaint or not. You would definitely know better than me. Are you aware of any Renko EA's that don't repaint?

And thanks for your response Mr. Tools
There is only one that I have heard that doesn't repaint, made by think his name is ovo and he claims his doesn't repaint, but don't know.

Yes, I've heard of him. However, I'm reading about Renko now and the claims are they can repaint as the current brink is forming and can start as one color and change contingent on price action. The best way to avoid this (according to some) is to use the 1 minute TF and set the renko brinks to a reasonable size instead of using the ATR. I use the 1 minute TF and a brick size of 15. But I will keep my suspicions based on what you've mentioned...thanks again!

naluvs01 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:19 pm Yes, I've heard of him. However, I'm reading about Renko now and the claims are they can repaint as the current brink is forming and can start as one color and change contingent on price action. The best way to avoid this (according to some) is to use the 1 minute TF and set the renko brinks to a reasonable size instead of using the ATR. I use the 1 minute TF and a brick size of 15. But I will keep my suspicions based on what you've mentioned...thanks again!
somewhere on the forum Mladen explains that the renko repainting is down to the metaquotes coding of the offline charts and in spite of being made aware of the problem for some reason choose not to fix it.
My observations are that it doesn't repaint on a live run but on restart or reset will slightly rearrange some bricks removing some of them when there is tight range price action so the resulting effect is for a smoother chart and a misleading impression as to clean entries making back testing problematic.

hope this helps.
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post:
naluvs01

Ogee wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:06 pm somewhere on the forum Mladen explains that the renko repainting is down to the metaquotes coding of the offline charts and in spite of being made aware of the problem for some reason choose not to fix it.
My observations are that it doesn't repaint on a live run but on restart or reset will slightly rearrange some bricks removing some of them when there is tight range price action so the resulting effect is for a smoother chart and a misleading impression as to clean entries making back testing problematic.

hope this helps.
Thanks for the explanation. I'm actually using Hieken Ashi (HA) candles on the 4hr TF for master direction, HA on 1hr TF to confirm trend with EMA 20 and entering on the Renko chart (15 brick size) with CCI (default) on the Renko Chart to confirm entry. I also confirm strength and weakness with a currency strength ROC. So I'm not trading based on Renko only, but utilizing it to confirm when the market is actually moving. And if you guys have any suggestions, that would be great! Below is an example of a trade I took last night on NZDJPY: (made 47 pips)
Attachments