Averages and Price options

Hello everyone,

This is my first post and I would like to thank every single admin on this site. You guys are incredible. I don't know how you find time in the day to fix up all of these indicators for everyone.

On to my question. I was hoping someone could enlighten me if there is a page that helps you to understand all of the different options you have for the 39(i think) averages and 33 price options. I know it would be impossible to make a list that joins the two together but I am not grasping what is actually changing when I switch modes and the line moves the slightest bit.

I know when I used to use Adobe Photoshop they had a dropdown with a bunch of different filters that seemed to do a similar thing but there was a list online that showed you what would change so you could make an informed decision.

Thanks again!

Re: Averages and Price options

Snipesnipe wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:38 am Hello everyone,

This is my first post and I would like to thank every single admin on this site. You guys are incredible. I don't know how you find time in the day to fix up all of these indicators for everyone.

On to my question. I was hoping someone could enlighten me if there is a page that helps you to understand all of the different options you have for the 39(i think) averages and 33 price options. I know it would be impossible to make a list that joins the two together but I am not grasping what is actually changing when I switch modes and the line moves the slightest bit.

I know when I used to use Adobe Photoshop they had a dropdown with a bunch of different filters that seemed to do a similar thing but there was a list online that showed you what would change so you could make an informed decision.

Thanks again!
price option is using different input prices for the calculations. Like Open ? Close ? or (Close+High+Low)/3.0 or even heiken Ashi
you need to look at the code to know what kind of calculation it is using.

as for the MA Types, it's just different MA calculations. no way to know for sure,you gotta try every one and see which one works best for you. But there won't be a lot of differences between each MA : hard to describe how each MA behaves, maybe find a MA only indicator that uses all these and plot them to see the differences.

Re: Averages and Price options

Snipesnipe wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:38 am On to my question. I was hoping someone could enlighten me if there is a page that helps you to understand all of the different options you have for the 39(i think) averages
It looks like you never found your answer, but a guide has just been posted here: 39 Average Options guide for indicators MT4.
These users thanked the author ChuChu Rocket for the post:
FXchaos
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎