Re: The Climate Change Agenda

Peter Clack @PeterDClack
Feb 16
The world is on a one-way conveyer belt to the frozen landscapes of crushing glaciers in an arctic world. Falling temperatures for 8,000 years have seen occasional warm pulses. But the signs are ominous. The United Nations is running a blatantly dishonest global warming scam.
Attachments

Well, Ogee, for the time being it's just a pipedream. With the current technology it is virtually impossible to achieve such goal.
But instead of waiting, we could start on a "micro level" i.e. we can make our houses pretty much independent from the power grid.
I did that. I even sell to the grid the access, which let's me recover the investment by and by. Secondly, by replacing our standard light bulbs and tubes with LED lights, which consume only 8-10% of electricity, imagine the electricity savings nation wide. Our government should have set a timeframe already many years ago to take standard lights off the shelves. But they prefer burning tons of money with dubious "big projects".
Just my 3 Cents

RplusT wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:31 pm Well, Ogee, for the time being it's just a pipedream. With the current technology it is virtually impossible to achieve such goal.
But instead of waiting, we could start on a "micro level" i.e. we can make our houses pretty much independent from the power grid.
I did that. I even sell to the grid the access, which let's me recover the investment by and by. Secondly, by replacing our standard light bulbs and tubes with LED lights, which consume only 8-10% of electricity, imagine the electricity savings nation wide. Our government should have set a timeframe already many years ago to take standard lights off the shelves. But they prefer burning tons of money with dubious "big projects".
Just my 3 Cents
Yes I agree more efficient measures will make a difference. The problem is the amount spent on renewables and that they have completely failed to deliver, which even a small amount of research beforehand would have demonstrated.

I know environmentalists lied to politicians using the excuse that 'it's politics, everyone lies', and that they believe if you force the science science will come up with the solution - maybe but not before the majority is forced into poverty which has started to happen now. Energy bills up by a third and expected to keep rising for the foreseeable future and all because of a lack off proper planning.
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post:
RplusT

Alexander Stahel 🇺🇦 @BurggrabenH
An EV battery weighs 1,000 pounds. Providing the refined minerals needed to fabricate this battery requires the mining, moving, & processing of >500,000 pounds of materials. That’s 20x > 25,000 pounds of petroleum that an internal combustion engine uses over the life of a car.
Attachments