Re: Pumba´s - Swing Trading System

lavishdream19 wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:07 pm Just wanted to mention an alternative indicator to Zwinner on Pumba's excellent set up.

Personally Zwinner creates far too much "noise" on my charts and too many false alerts.

I use a paid for indicator called "Gold Stuff" whilch eliminates pretty much all the noise Zwinner creates and leaves me with fewer (and far more accurate) alerts.

I've attached two screenshots taken this morning. The first has both Zwinner (red and green) & Gold Stuff (aqua & pink) alerts printed. The second screenshot has just Gold Stuff alerts. You decide which you prefer.

There is an almost identical free indicator to Gold stuff on MQL5 called IndoTrend. My only concern is that it seems to require far more resource to work. Maybe Mr Tools could take a look?

Where is the envelope for main trend?

Dego wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:30 pm Where is the envelope for main trend?
The continuous aqua and pink line gives me my short-medium trend (which is effectively what the envelopes do for you) along with the dashed white line which is the 100EMA for a more long term trend. It boils down to personal preference and having plotted them both on the same charts there isn't a huge difference in terms of when the colours (trends) change. What is different to Pumba's set up is that Gold Stuff generates far fewer and, in my view, far more accurate alerts than Zwinner.

lavishdream19 wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:07 pm Just wanted to mention an alternative indicator to Zwinner on Pumba's excellent set up.

Personally Zwinner creates far too much "noise" on my charts and too many false alerts.

I use a paid for indicator called "Gold Stuff" whilch eliminates pretty much all the noise Zwinner creates and leaves me with fewer (and far more accurate) alerts.

I've attached two screenshots taken this morning. The first has both Zwinner (red and green) & Gold Stuff (aqua & pink) alerts printed. The second screenshot has just Gold Stuff alerts. You decide which you prefer.

There is an almost identical free indicator to Gold stuff on MQL5 called IndoTrend. My only concern is that it seems to require far more resource to work. Maybe Mr Tools could take a look?

Thanks for your suggestion. Keep in mind my trading is based mainly based on the 4Hour and Daily TF. The "noise" isnt a problem trading higher timeframes.
I agree though that Trading it on lower timeframes gives you many potential signals.
These users thanked the author PumbaPLS for the post:
Trinisan
You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew

TT13 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:25 am Hey guys i had a question. is there anyone here using planet-x indicator V3 or earlier versions? if so how do you use it in terms of updating the indicator sometimes it gives a wrong signal until you refresh it, but how do you do it? do you use anything specific?

Thank you!
I suggest searching on FF for "BestTraderEV" for a more updated version
You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew

PumbaPLS wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:36 am I suggest searching on FF for "BestTraderEV" for a more updated version
Yes i saw it but the newer version uses open price and that made a lot of difference compared to close price, i am trying to find something to make it work maybe with the new Planet-x MTF v5.2 using V3 instead of v8. V3 has a lot of potential. Thanks for replying pumba :D