Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

sgarr wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:57 pm you have the indicator, even if unreliable I would need it, I have someone similar but I like this thanks
Got it man..... the system is called Forex black magic... and this particular indicator is black magic 2..... Now you can find it for your self as well...
These users thanked the author Mustafa for the post:
kodisfx

JB4417 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:14 am I somehow only now just found this thread and I absolutely love the moving average indicator with this system but I was wondering how you guys manage to trade this with the repainting nature of the arrows and dots?
Welcome.
Here I have something for you from FourXXXX
I could not answer you much better
viewtopic.php?p=1295461930#p1295461930
We create order out of chaos - we trade that order, but sometimes that chaos is out of order, so we WAIT!!! for the order to return - and we trade again. XARD777

No 2 - :) I need further explanations and time to digest.

No 3 - I did not understand how you suggest to combine the 2 spreadsheets. The one here viewtopic.php?p=1295462149#p1295462149 shows the result over time if you achieve consistent positive results. The one I have attached shows the counter gain you need to make to recover from a certain loss percentage. These 2 spreadsheets are also different from the collumns you are trying to describe in your message.

Could you be more clear on the collumns (and data) to be included in the new spreadsheet you are requesting?

And maybe this is off-topic for this XARD thread. I mean we could share the final result but maybe conversations / explanations could be made over personal messages to avoid cluttering this thread.

optionhk wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:46 pm

3. Can you kindly combine the two spreadsheets to help in managing compounding returns and address both compounding as well depreciation of equity. It will help a lot in (through money management and positions control) managing trading or reversing/stopping the process of losing in a systematic way when unexpected events like the war affect a trader's psyche.

The idea is to remain in the game in spite of setbacks. When the going is good, boost confidence and equity by compounding and increasing the volume of the positions (not the size of lots). At the same time not ignore the eventuality of running into rough weather when conditions turn adverse and lead to drawdown or losses. It can happen to even a 20-year-experienced trader like me. And happens several times in a quarter.

The focus is on a fixed amount of positions (same contract size and with a fixed lot size) Lots can be increased in case of wins and reduced in case of drawdown/loss.
Win and Loss to be defined in terms of Amount or % of the Equity (or new starting balance)

Size of each Position: Amount/per cent of Starting Balance (defined by the user)
Numbers of Positions to be increased by -------(number) after wins occur in ---------------(number of positions).
Number of positions to be decreased by --------(number) after drawdowns occur in -------
.(number of positions)
Size of Individual position % or Equity % termed as Drawdown/loss

Example ;

I trade ------% (3%) of my account at any time until 3 positions of a size in % or amount in a row are winners.

I then increase it to -----------%(5%) of my Equity (amount treated as 100%).
------- (number of trade) One loss and I revert to 3%.
Two losses and I revert to 1.5%.
Three or more go back to 1% of the account and stay there until I can figure out what I was missing.
Once I have achieved 2 wins in a row again, I go to 3% of the account and restarts the compounding process

optionhk wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:46 pm .....
Example ;

I trade ------% (3%) of my account at any time until 3 positions of a size in % or amount in a row are winners.

I then increase it to -----------%(5%) of my Equity (amount treated as 100%).
------- (number of trade) One loss and I revert to 3%.
Two losses and I revert to 1.5%.
Three or more go back to 1% of the account and stay there until I can figure out what I was missing.
Once I have achieved 2 wins in a row again, I go to 3% of the account and restarts the compounding process
This reminds me of Kelly's criteria, watch the video with English subtitles as it is in Spanish.

These users thanked the author Andres128 for the post (total 2):
optionhk, RodrigoRT7

chris006 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:43 am No 2 - :) I need further explanations and time to digest.

No 3 - I did not understand how you suggest to combine the 2 spreadsheets. The one here viewtopic.php?p=1295462149#p1295462149 shows the result over time if you achieve consistent positive results. The one I have attached shows the counter gain you need to make to recover from a certain loss percentage. These 2 spreadsheets are also different from the collumns you are trying to describe in your message.

Could you be more clear on the collumns (and data) to be included in the new spreadsheet you are requesting?

And maybe this is off-topic for this XARD thread. I mean we could share the final result but maybe conversations / explanations could be made over personal messages to avoid cluttering this thread.
You are right. Except for Money Management , will use PM to exchange ideas and views.
My apologies to Xard and the thread readers.

Im trying this out on a new broker, Hugosway, and i copied everything over to the new install and am getting a zero divide error:

2022.03.25 08:07:47.474 XU v22-XARD UNIVERSE SPX500,M5: zero divide in 'XU v22-XARD UNIVERSE.mq4' (986,36)

This error prevents the candles from forming, i have to change timeframes to see the new candles.

Anyone else using Hugosway and have this working? All files were copied to the correct place and i have all the fonts installed.

What could i be missing? Thanks for the help.