Re: DSL (Discontinued Signal Line) indicators

Jimmy wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:42 pm Thank you for your .set file, I've loaded them up and those are nice settings for the 15 Minute chart.

They are also alright for higher timeframes but they more suite the smaller timeframes because of the additional, longer parameters which will be a bit more laggy on higher timeframes, but well-suited for smaller, intraday charts like 15 Minutes :)

It detects one swing at a time :thumbup:

This one looks very promising. Is it possible to get arrows on the indicator trough a buffer so one (read: EA) can read the arrow from the data window?
Attachments

msthunder1 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:23 am This one looks very promising. Is it possible to get arrows on the indicator trough a buffer so one (read: EA) can read the arrow from the data window?
Indicator have trend buffer,whitch EA may use it too I think....But question is,you want use it with dsl levels or simple MA cross like on picture? VQ with signals is in forum shared with source code....

kvak wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:02 am Indicator have trend buffer,whitch EA may use it too I think....But question is,you want use it with dsl levels or simple MA cross like on picture? VQ with signals is in forum shared with source code....

Yes one can use trend data. The code to select the entry in the trend is more complicated though. If you have an object (that has some double value based on the indicator chart) drawn with the buffer at a specific time, you can with the EA just listen to that buffer. Whenever the object isnt there, the buffer is empty, and you have no entry. Basicaly, whenever there is a value, there is an entry.
But with the trend, there is a value all the time, and you always have to look back to previous bar and look if the trend has changed. The anomaly that sometimes the previous value isnt quite what you see on the indicator line just makes it harder. Its not impossible, its just not completely reliable.
I've been looking for a replacement entry indicator, as my current one, volatility-quality-indicator2, is suspect of repainting. Ironically, this one has arrows in the indicator window itself and reading the entries is a treat.

msthunder1 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:29 am Yes one can use trend data. The code to select the entry in the trend is more complicated though. If you have an object (that has some double value based on the indicator chart) drawn with the buffer at a specific time, you can with the EA just listen to that buffer. Whenever the object isnt there, the buffer is empty, and you have no entry. Basicaly, whenever there is a value, there is an entry.
But with the trend, there is a value all the time, and you always have to look back to previous bar and look if the trend has changed. The anomaly that sometimes the previous value isnt quite what you see on the indicator line just makes it harder. Its not impossible, its just not completely reliable.
I've been looking for a replacement entry indicator, as my current one, volatility-quality-indicator2, is suspect of repainting. Ironically, this one has arrows in the indicator window itself and reading the entries is a treat.
Here is mod with arrows with buffers...UP-8, Dn-9.
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 3):
camisa, 太虚一毫, msthunder1

太虚一毫 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:20 am knaimad is a lot of fun! After December 2017 on the forum, there is no information about him, and I don't know where it went.

He discussed a metric with the mrtools guru: Dsl Dss of averages mtf. Maybe knaimad discovered the secret in this indicator and he incorporated this indicator into his trading system? Then play disappear? All in all, this metric is interesting.

The mrtools master's Dsl Dss of averages mtf.ex4 version and the source code provided by knaimad are attached. Looking forward to adding buttons. :thumbup:
I make a little remake... but dont have all averages like Mladens version.
Added arrows, mtf with AHTF, full price options. Calculation DSL or DSLU levels with EMA-FEMA, plus added fixed levels and signal to it.
5 logic for coloring-arrowing-alerting.
And one version with button as you requested.
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 7):
太虚一毫, moey_dw, erynade, thomdel, Jimmy, trailingedge, MaxTorque

LikeRe: DSL (Discontinued Signal Line) indicators

kvak wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:54 am I make a little remake... but dont have all averages like Mladens version.
Added arrows, mtf with AHTF, full price options. Calculation DSL or DSLU levels with EMA-FEMA, plus added fixed levels and signal to it.
5 logic for coloring-arrowing-alerting.
And one version with button as you requested.
Thanks Master Kvak,

this can use as entry combine MA and MACD as trend

profit regards

erynade
These users thanked the author erynade for the post:
moey_dw
Not too Fast, Not too Slow, "Safe and Profit"

erynade wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:08 pm Thanks Master Kvak,

this can use as entry combine MA and MACD as trend

profit regards

erynade
a crazy yet cool setup man!!!!! nice trades..... :clap: :clap: :clap:
These users thanked the author moey_dw for the post:
erynade
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈