Re: Trading Pullbacks System

This thread and your posts have helped me massively over the last few months. Thank you for all the work you’ve put into this, it’s much appreciated.

One point I’m still in two minds about is using the 70/80 EMAs as the bias for trades. You mentioned some time ago that you would normally only go long when the 70 is above the 80. Do you stick firmly to this, or if there a clear bounce with HH/HLs do you bend that rule?

Crew001 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:31 am This thread and your posts have helped me massively over the last few months. Thank you for all the work you’ve put into this, it’s much appreciated.

One point I’m still in two minds about is using the 70/80 EMAs as the bias for trades. You mentioned some time ago that you would normally only go long when the 70 is above the 80. Do you stick firmly to this, or if there a clear bounce with HH/HLs do you bend that rule?
Hi glad to hear I could help. Yes if you spot a HH/HL and even more important impulse/retace behaviour and bounce on a SD zone you can jump in. Most of the time this will be the beginning of a new 'trend' direction. But in general I wait for a clear move to be established. GY today at the left 8:36 was ok long while the MA's where shifting. I do like it when the trendline break is at the right side of the MA's (in this case above the MA's). Best M.
Attachments
These users thanked the author Meyney for the post:
Pauliz

Thanks that's helped. In case it helps others, this was the type of trade I've previously been undecided on.
Its the Dax from today. The blue arrows are where the 70 and 80 cross and the green arrow is where I think the reversal is confirmed. Although still a good trade, if I'd have waited until the first clear pullback following the 70/80 cross I'd miss most of the move.
Attachments

[quote=Crew001 post_id=1295461155 time=1647274192 user_id=4944995]
Thanks that's helped. In case it helps others, this was the type of trade I've previously been undecided on.
Its the Dax from today. The blue arrows are where the 70 and 80 cross and the green arrow is where I think the reversal is confirmed. Although still a good trade, if I'd have waited until the first clear pullback following the 70/80 cross I'd miss most of the move.

Agree nice example. On 1M there are plenty of opportunities, and sometimes we will miss a big move we just have to accept it. After all fdax 1M was nice with default entries right.
Attachments