Re: DSL (Discontinued Signal Line) indicators

太虚一毫 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:38 am very good! Looking forward to adding MTF. :thumbup:

I like to make the DslSignal value smaller. But the indicator designer has his own idea, is it bad to change the DslSignal value?
Added mtf, and think the signal should be working now. Please verify it's working correctly my broker hasn't had a connection at all so far this week.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 9):
太虚一毫, humbatov, ionone, rudiarius, simon_n3z, kvak, Jimmy, alexm, Meyney

Iam not posting this version, it is only experiment, but if you want it test here is...VQ with dsl levels....

For the settings file to use on 15 Minute charts, please see here: DSL VQ MT4 Settings for 15M Trading.
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 8):
太虚一毫, ykhaw, Jimmy, camisa, Borshchov A.N., blue7, MaxTorque, Jedidiah

太虚一毫 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:13 pm It runs smoothly! Thank you teacher! :thumbup:
Thank you Mrtools for mtf.....somewhere is my version with mtf too. In this old version my calculation levels are different and sometimes is problem that down level cross up level...like on picture....Now in my indicators I calculate levels different and post my mod if someone want test....
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 3):
太虚一毫, Jimmy, SijjiN

太虚一毫 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:06 am Change the parameter to 55, SMMA is very good! :thumbup:
Cool! Thanks for the settings tip. Did you change it to 55 Simple Moving Average on PriceSmoothing or SignalPeriod?

Like this?
Attachments
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post:
太虚一毫
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Jimmy wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:41 pm Cool! Thanks for the settings tip. Did you change it to 55 Simple Moving Average on PriceSmoothing or SignalPeriod?

Like this?
right! color change on, you can change it.

Many indicators are particularly sensitive. In the consolidation market, the long and short changes are too fast, and the principal is too small, and it will suffer a big loss.
We are looking for indicators that are particularly stable in the consolidation market and are not particularly sensitive, so we focus on using ADXvma and SMMA to examine the sensitivity of the indicators.
(As for the trending market, almost all indicators are doing well)

Using SMMA to examine XU v3-VQ 2 and DSL VQ, I think the DSL VQ signal is less and more robust.

XU v3-VQ 2 address:
viewtopic.php?f=579496&p=1295447081#p1295447081
These users thanked the author 太虚一毫 for the post:
Jimmy

LikeRe: DSL (Discontinued Signal Line) indicators

太虚一毫 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:12 pm right! color change on, you can change it.

Many indicators are particularly sensitive. In the consolidation market, the long and short changes are too fast, and the principal is too small, and it will suffer a big loss.
We are looking for indicators that are particularly stable in the consolidation market and are not particularly sensitive, so we focus on using ADXvma and SMMA to examine the sensitivity of the indicators.
(As for the trending market, almost all indicators are doing well)

Using SMMA to examine XU v3-VQ 2 and DSL VQ, I think the DSL VQ signal is less and more robust.

XU v3-VQ 2 address:
viewtopic.php?f=579496&p=1295447081#p1295447081
Thank you for your .set file, I've loaded them up and those are nice settings for the 15 Minute chart.

They are also alright for higher timeframes but they more suite the smaller timeframes because of the additional, longer parameters which will be a bit more laggy on higher timeframes, but well-suited for smaller, intraday charts like 15 Minutes :)

It detects one swing at a time :thumbup:
Attachments
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 3):
太虚一毫, trailingedge, kvak
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance