Re: Jurik Smoothed Indicators for MT4

Jurik smooth generic with mtf, idea from Mladens mt5 version.

PS: For a simple template to start off with and further description of this code, please see here: Generic Jurik Smoothed template for MT4.
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 13):
太虚一毫, RodrigoRT7, Jimmy, josi, camisa, thomdel, SijjiN, Milad8732, eduarescobar, andrei-1, blue7, MaxTorque, Jedidiah

kvak wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:36 pm Jurik smooth generic with mtf, idea from Mladens mt5 version.
You're a champion Kvak, thank you for making a version based off the MT5 one for MT4.

I like the way it is with the just middle line shown and the dots display :clap:

I'm using Fibonacci 34 period in my testing on the 1H chart and I like the look so far as there's not too much lag. For those interested in using Fibonacci numbers for their indicator settings, see: What Fibonacci numbers can be used in indicator's settings?

Here is the excerpt from Mladen's description:

Basics:

This indicator is using the well known JMA (Jurik Moving Average) to calculate a sort of a generic trend.

The way it calculates it:

• It calculates the Jurik Moving Average of High
  • It calculates the Jurik Moving Average of Low
  • It calculates the Jurik Moving Average of Close
  • It calculates the Jurik Moving Average of Typical Price (High+Low+Close)/3 - the "generic" value (it s not the same as (JMA(high)+JMA(low)+JMA(close))/3 hence the name "generic")
    • The slope of the "generic" depends on the slopes of the first 3 Values
    • If all are sloping up the color of the "generic value is the color for Up
    • IF all are sloping down the color of the "generic value is the color for Down
    • Otherwise the color of the "generic' is indicating neutral (thus filtering out some potential false signals)

Usage:

You can use the color of the "generic" value as a signal. Also, the colors of the other 3x Jurik Moving Averages can be used as early warnings fo potential trend change or reversal

Here's my current template if anyone would like to try it, too :)
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 9):
josi, 太虚一毫, kvak, SijjiN, eduarescobar, andrei-1, MaxTorque, RodrigoRT7, Marktaylor58
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Jimmy wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:17 pm You're a champion Kvak, thank you for making a version based off the MT5 one for MT4.

I like the way it is with the just middle line shown and the dots display :clap:

I'm using Fibonacci 34 period in my testing on the 1H chart and I like the look so far as there's not too much lag. For those interested in using Fibonacci numbers for their indicator settings, see: What Fibonacci numbers can be used in indicator's settings?

Here is the excerpt from Mladen's description:

Basics:

This indicator is using the well known JMA (Jurik Moving Average) to calculate a sort of a generic trend.

The way it calculates it:

• It calculates the Jurik Moving Average of High
  • It calculates the Jurik Moving Average of Low
  • It calculates the Jurik Moving Average of Close
  • It calculates the Jurik Moving Average of Typical Price (High+Low+Close)/3 - the "generic" value (it s not the same as (JMA(high)+JMA(low)+JMA(close))/3 hence the name "generic")
    • The slope of the "generic" depends on the slopes of the first 3 Values
    • If all are sloping up the color of the "generic value is the color for Up
    • IF all are sloping down the color of the "generic value is the color for Down
    • Otherwise the color of the "generic' is indicating neutral (thus filtering out some potential false signals)

Usage:

You can use the color of the "generic" value as a signal. Also, the colors of the other 3x Jurik Moving Averages can be used as early warnings fo potential trend change or reversal

Here's my current template if anyone would like to try it, too :)
Thank you for the additional information about jurik smooth generic indicator and setup Jimmy 👍😎
These users thanked the author kvak for the post:
Jedidiah