Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

XeroforeX wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:59 pm Hi MrTools,

Please see the attached picture you'll note that the indicator is indicating an arrow value in Buffer 8 whereas it is not readable by Mladens Buffers explorer.

So if possible can you make these values of the four arrows buffers readable in some way.

Many thanks
11 posts in 5 years lmafaaooo...........
Attachments
These users thanked the author moey_dw for the post:
ChuChu Rocket
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

Please see the attached picture you'll note that the indicator is indicating an arrow value in Buffer 8 whereas it is not readable by Mladens Buffers explorer.

So if possible can you make these values of the four arrows buffers readable in some way.

Many thanks
iT'S N0t pOsSibLe MlAdEn iNdICatOrs aRe aLwAyS PeRfeCt
These users thanked the author ionone for the post:
simon_n3z

I have these 2 scripts which are basically meant for scalping.
They add either a fixed lot or RR based on SL.

It puts the SL above the previous candle high or low depending on if you are buying or selling.

I was wondering if someone can help change it, so it doesn't look at the previous candle, but 2 candles back.
Cheers,

Opita

Many thanks
That is not default setting and that is why you can not read that value with buffers explorer (you have changed the setting on the lower indicator - the setting read by buffers explorer and your displayed indicator are different). To access those values with specific settings you have to make iCustom() call with same parameter values
Nothing wrong with mrtools' indicator
As of why a general purpose buffer reader in metatrader 4 can not read values of an indicator attached to a chart with arbitrary settings please read the metatrader documentation - it simply does not work as metatrader 5 (in which it would be possible)
These users thanked the author mladen for the post (total 3):
talaate, XeroforeX, Jedidiah

constbln wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:05 am

Code: Select all

adx indicator
indicator(title="Average True Range", shorttitle="ATR", overlay=false, timeframe="", timeframe_gaps=true)
length = input.int(title="Length", defval=14, minval=1)
smoothing = input.string(title="Smoothing", defval="RMA", options=["RMA", "SMA", "EMA", "WMA"])
ma_function(source, length) =>
	switch smoothing
		"RMA" => ta.rma(source, length)
		"SMA" => ta.sma(source, length)
		"EMA" => ta.ema(source, length)
		=> ta.wma(source, length)
plot(ma_function(ta.tr(true), length), title = "ATR", color=color.new(#B71C1C, 0))
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
but as you re looking for the rma I think you will find the tradingview code here
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/480 ... internally (I think you understand it better than I do)

--------------------------------------
please let me know if u need anything else
Maybe this one here.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
constbln

traderokey wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:46 pm Hi Mrtools,

I like the !!haos cci visual indicator but at the moment the color of the histogram bars is the same above and below the zero line.
To spot trend changes easily, is it possible to add an option where the bars change color when they cross above or below the zero line.

Thanks.

!!haos (cci) visual alerts (mtf + divergence).ex4
When both cci's cross zero?

opita wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:23 am I have these 2 scripts which are basically meant for scalping.
They add either a fixed lot or RR based on SL.

It puts the SL above the previous candle high or low depending on if you are buying or selling.

I was wondering if someone can help change it, so it doesn't look at the previous candle, but 2 candles back.
Looking in the code can't see anywhere where it is placing the stop loss on the candle high or low, far as I can tell it's just placing the order according to risk.