Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

I just thought about replacing the semafor with lines..... I used them on 15M and it gives me clarity..... Kind of visual check on whether market is breaking the highs or the lows...... Also helps establish the 123 patterns.... Not heavy on the eyes....... Whoever made the indicator, made it simple, the settings are easily adjustable... So whoever have any issues with the semafor dots may try using lines instead.....
These users thanked the author Mustafa for the post (total 5):
Mundu19, Pauliz, dansmol, xard777, kvak

Mundu19 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:02 pm Hello XARD,
Is it possible to fix the Semfor settings in the M15 so that we can get dots after the bottom square in the screenshot below? I noticed the version you are currently using does not have that issue. Thanks.
Mundu
I am fixing some things along the way and will post an update soon.
Xard777
Attachments
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 7):
Mundu19, LJC, humbatov, iPar, thomdel, Musashi, Jedidiah
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

luckydude2013 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:02 pm Thanks for the new setup XARD.
I have however observed that this setup is very laggish when loaded to morethan one chart at the same time, I have even tried just two charts but boy does it lag!
Please look into it.
Also... is there any additional entry considerations other than entering below/above the XARD COMPOUND ENTRY?
Thanks once again.

Yes It crashes MT4 sometimes also when I switch to M1.
It has a divide by zero array function error message which prevents the clock and price update to work on the right hand panel.
These users thanked the author traderokey for the post:
Toad Fish

xard777 wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:13 am I am fixing some things along the way and will post an update soon.
Xard777
Xard, I don't know if its worth mentioning but, do you have a Gold chart open side by side to your US2000 chart?
Today I did just that to see the correlation between Gold and Indices.
After London Open, Gold kept dropping until New York Close,
while Indices did the exact opposite.
Have a great weekend :) :thumbup:
Attachments
These users thanked the author msbh for the post:
lanze1948

From what I have been understanding it is based on market sentiment. Capital flees to safe harbour in time of turmoil - you might be able to observe a similar relationship with the Yen FX pairs. It doesn't always occur from what I have been seeing but to better understand it you would have to investigate a little more into market sentiment and macro economic impacts on stocks/indices.
For example I am showing the SPX 500 index - dont have US 2000 on HugosWayMT4 - based on this limited sample the correlation changes.

msbh wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:28 am Xard, I don't know if its worth mentioning but, do you have a Gold chart open side by side to your US2000 chart?
Today I did just that to see the correlation between Gold and Indices.
After London Open, Gold kept dropping until New York Close,
while Indices did the exact opposite.
Have a great weekend :) :thumbup:
Attachments
These users thanked the author lanze1948 for the post:
Trinisan
Focus on the process not the outcome.

1) Wait for the white line to draw.
2) Use the thick MA line as break out.
3) Enter after candle color change and place SL slightly above/below last semaphore. (Green candle to red and vice versa)

Hi msbh,

Can you please let me know if you trade Nasdaq100? Do you have any comments on Pros and Cons trading NASDAQ100 compared to other major US indices you trade?

Thanks in advance for your answer.
msbh wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:50 pm Thank you for the valuable tips Xard :star: :star: :star:

I want to throw out a few points here to help traders -

1. The importance of waiting for London Open

I recall Sudhindragk saying in one of his posts "Business Starts after London Opens"
I wait 30 mins after the London Open before taking my first trade.

2. Close any Open trades before New York Opens

Many times I noticed the market reverses at New York Open eating up my gains
from the London Open trade. So I close out and wait for New York to open.

3. The importance of waiting for New York Open

I wait 30 mins sometimes 60 mins after New York Opens to see if the market will continue or reverse.
It has helped me understand where the underlying trend is at.

4. US500 and US2000 indexes

I love trading the US2000 index and enjoy its big moves but also I noticed the US500 index is also good.
Sometimes, the US500 index moves more than US2000. I made a screenshot of my trading platform to illustrate
the difference in pips between US500, US2000 and US30 index.

Update XU-v22 Setup
Have fun everyone
Enjoy!
Xard777
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world