Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Okay, so I'm just curious about how you guys are entering the market? I do realize that if I take an early entry after the first red candle and if the price retraces quickly it will repaint and makes the previous entry invalid (and also causing a SL on the trade). I'm still doing a lot of backtesting, but it seems like if I wait for breaking of previous low (or high) the trend can lose momentum and many times won't make it to at least RR1 TP and reversing back to Stop Loss levels. At this moment it seems like taking an early entry might give better results, but it's hard to deal with repainting. How you guys are dealing with this? thx
Attachments

tomsabo wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:55 pm Okay, so I'm just curious about how you guys are entering the market? I do realize that if I take an early entry after the first red candle and if the price retraces quickly it will repaint and makes the previous entry invalid (and also causing a SL on the trade). I'm still doing a lot of backtesting, but it seems like if I wait for breaking of previous low (or high) the trend can lose momentum and many times won't make it to at least RR1 TP and reversing back to Stop Loss levels. At this moment it seems like taking an early entry might give better results, but it's hard to deal with repainting. How you guys are dealing with this? thx
I'd go with a standard trend continuation entry...
Attachments
These users thanked the author Pauliz for the post (total 2):
tomsabo, tokjanggut

Incredible price action today before New York Close.
I was holding my trades and all of a sudden, I saw fire works :In Love: :Hot: :Hot: :Hot:
Xard, for the first time I banked more than 1000 pips on one of the indices, and you guessed
it, US500. Will you consider trading it along side US2000?

XARD: Nope, I am set in my ways, US2000 trades only for moi. It is what it is.
Congratulations are in order for your 1'000Pip$ trade, welcome to the club
:problem:
Attachments