Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

chris006 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:31 am I seem to recall at some point Xard talking about an ultra high definition TV (65 inch 4K?) viewed on portrait mode instead of landscape, that could fit 3 terminals.
But maybe he can confirm his current setup.

XARD: Currently using an LG 55" 4K TV (which I did use as portrait and ended up going back to landscape mode). These TVs cost nothing nowadays and they are great for watching 4k movies on netflix, amazon and kodi. I usually watch a movie or tv show when waiting for a trade to appear (in fact I am up to date with all the movies and tv shows:-)
I am on my third TV, first I had a cheap Aldi 55" 4K, it worked quite well but reading small text on it was difficult. I tried a 65" but that was too big, I got another 55" Samsung series 9 and it is really good. It is as clear as any computer monitor, most TV's don't have Chroma 4:4:4. TV's that have the right specs cost about double the price of the cheap ones but is well worth it IMHO.

Here is a video that explains how to get the most out of a TV as a monitor, the difference is noticeable.

These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 6):
xard777, chris006, Mundu19, samxtrader, Toad Fish, Jedidiah
nil desperandum

xard777 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:19 pm I see that a few people are having problems with the new setup. I will take a look at it and get back to you.
Xard777
Hi xard,
Since you’re at it I’m not too sure if anyone notices it or just me, but for some reason the T1MA can’t be changed on M1 TF and defaults to 200 (works fine on M5 and above tho). Also not too sure if that was intended. My current workaround is to use XU20+ Standard ema bands for now..

That aside, just wanted to confirm if the TMA bands are the same from the ones used in XARDFX a couple years back? I’ve tested it with the same parameters and it does look same but just to double confirm.. (28,weighted price, 2.618)?

Again, thanks for all your effort and happy retirement! 🙏
Stay safe and healthy always!

XARD: Yes, they are the same.

xard777 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:52 am Here is an ideal trade on the 2nd Dot heading beyond the Compound Entry line.
I did not take this as I am finished for today (no need to be greedy).
Hopefully, you get the idea. It is not rocket science , but very much repeatable (on a daily basis).
IN FACT PRICE RAN UP TO THE 61.86% LEVEL - WHO KNEW.
ALL INSIDE TEN MINUTES

Xard777

Are you using the same setup as last posted? My chart for US2000 is very different.

XARD: No, I am using setup XU-22
Attachments
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post:
msbh
nil desperandum

xard777 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:42 pm Don't settle with hitting your Goal - Aim to Smash It!!!
Setting standards that others strive to achieve.
Enclosed my last setup for everyone's perusal.
Enjoy!
XARD777

NB Please note, this setup was designed around US2000 Index only
Thank you so much Xard for posting XU-20 Setup. It runs nicely on my laptop.
God bless you :hug:
These users thanked the author msbh for the post:
Musashi

Moving AveragesRe: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

xard777 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:03 am You would also have to select the best times in which to complete the task.
3rd week in January till the end of April, and 3rd week in August till xmas time.
Not all trading days would be the same, some days you might only do 30%, others 150 or 200% and you have to allow for any losing days.
Possibly have a cut-off day altogether say if you went -15% so no more trading that day.
I like to go easy with my first couple trades in order to build up house money then use that to gleam the rest.
Also, I prefer trading US2000 as I find it to be the Goldilocks instrument among all the other indices.
Waiting!!! is the number one priority each trading Day.
Sit on the sidelines and wait!!! for opportunities to arise.
The compound entry line is such an opportunity that pays out in cherries every single day.
Wait for intra-day cycle turns to play out and trade in the direction of the trend.
Watch for pullbacks to the compound entry line, again it pays out big time as well.
Also look at the road ahead, see (1min & 15min) - (5min & 30min) - (30min & 4hrs)
OK, markets do not go accordingly to your set trading plan but if you plan ahead you can see parts of the road where you can navigate safely and jump right in.
Plus all the little trades quickly add up during the course of the day.
Above all, enjoy yourself else it is not worth doing.

Xard777
Thank you for the valuable tips Xard :star: :star: :star:

I want to throw out a few points here to help traders -

1. The importance of waiting for London Open

I recall Sudhindragk saying in one of his posts "Business Starts after London Opens"
I wait 30 mins after the London Open before taking my first trade.

2. Close any Open trades before New York Opens

Many times I noticed the market reverses at New York Open eating up my gains
from the London Open trade. So I close out and wait for New York to open.

3. The importance of waiting for New York Open

I wait 30 mins sometimes 60 mins after New York Opens to see if the market will continue or reverse.
It has helped me understand where the underlying trend is at.

4. US500 and US2000 indexes

I love trading the US2000 index and enjoy its big moves but also I noticed the US500 index is also good.
Sometimes, the US500 index moves more than US2000. I made a screenshot of my trading platform to illustrate
the difference in pips between US500, US2000 and US30 index.
Attachments
These users thanked the author msbh for the post (total 12):
xard777, XXXX, Kev21, oskar656, Brett001, Mundu19, Jimmy, pfxi, ibill, Boobligoom, mello182, Erebøs_X

msbh wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:50 pm Thank you for the valuable tips Xard :star: :star: :star:

I want to throw out a few points here to help traders -

1. The importance of waiting for London Open

I recall Sudhindragk saying in one of his posts "Business Starts after London Opens"
I wait 30 mins after the London Open before taking my first trade.

2. Close any Open trades before New York Opens

Many times I noticed the market reverses at New York Open eating up my gains
from the London Open trade. So I close out and wait for New York to open.

3. The importance of waiting for New York Open

I wait 30 mins sometimes 60 mins after New York Opens to see if the market will continue or reverse.
It has helped me understand where the underlying trend is at.

4. US500 and US2000 indexes

I love trading the US2000 index and enjoy its big moves but also I noticed the US500 index is also good.
Sometimes, the US500 index moves more than US2000. I made a screenshot of my trading platform to illustrate
the difference in pips between US500, US2000 and US30 index.
Hey I like your template, you mind sharing it?
These users thanked the author PumbaPLS for the post:
ardalan1991
You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew